Data Snapshot vs. Image for Windows (Bootitng)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by richrf, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi everyone,

Anyone have any experiences with these programs. I am trying to ascertain which one is more reliable under XP. I am also considering Image for DOS. Thank.

Rich

2. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Hi richrf

After trying Norton Ghost and Acronis TI, I have switched to Image for DOS. I have tested it four tiimes and it worked very well in my system. No problem with backups, and restores went flawlessly. Image for Dos currently supports CD/DVD burning. I have backed up my 120 GB HD to two DVD-Rs. This is an apllication I definitely recommend.
    On the other hand, Image for Windows didn't work well in my system, as the free add-on utility PHY Lock was not able to lock my HD.
    Best regards
    Rui

3. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

IFD is simple and is very robust. It is a stripped down version of Bootit ng. There is no need for a boot disc with Bootit ng.

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Thanks for the help guys. How much data can fit on a DVD. Maybe I should get a R/W DVD drive instead of a external hard drive? Any comments?

Rich

5. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Around 4.4 GB. Internal HD or removable HD will yield the fastest read/write speed. Writing to optical drive is a lot slower.

6. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Thanks NOD32. An external hard drive it is. :)

Rich

7. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

An internal HD is faster than an external HD. To get the best of both, you can put an internal HD inside a quick release bracket that you can mount in your 5 1/2" drive bay.

8. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi Nod,

Thanks for the tip.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.