Data missing after Merging - Recovery?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by thisGuy, Dec 30, 2013.

1. thisGuy

thisGuy Registered Member

Hello,

I just bought a SSD and cloned my Windows Partition from my old 1,5TB HDD to it. Then i wanted to get rid of the Windows partition on the HDD, so i deleted it and used Paragon Hard Disk Manager to merge it with my huge data partition. But after merging I can't access it in Windows anymore. I have to say that all partitions where encrypted with BestCrypt Volume Encryption, but they where mounted while merging so i thought it would work normally... When I try to open the partition, the Explorer says that it can't access the drive and I have insufficient rights, then I tried to change the rights for this drive and it said there was an error changing the security informations for D:\bcldr.bin, because the file is used by something (Error message was in German, so I don't know if that's the correct translation). When i press next I get more of this error about personal files. After accepting all the messages I can access some files on the disk, but there are also a lot missing (of course all the important files, the unimportant like programs are there -,-). Is there any way I can rescue my files? BCVE is saying the drive is not encrypted so decrypting doesn't seem to work. On Live Linux the folders are also not there. It actually seems like Paragon just skipped copying 3 folders on the root, i couldn't find any missing file in a subfolder... But as I already said 2 of them were the ones where everything important was so I really need it. Any idea what happened there and if i have any chance recovering it?

Thank you very much for any help!

Edit: Ok just found out that my whole Steam folder is missing, so it makes absolutely no sense to me why something got copied and why not...

2. thisGuy

thisGuy Registered Member

Why is there nobody replying? I paid 50$ for a software that isn't able to add 30GB to my stupid partition without losing half of my data and needing 10 hours for that... And it doesn't even show an error or a warning it just restarts like everything would be alright, runs chkdsk and then the user can find out on its own that it messed up everything. And thats the 3rd time I loose data because Paragon seems not to be capable of doing anything (the last time it destroyed a FAT32 partition on an extern HDD because i wanted to resize it and the time before I lost everything because i wanted to merge 2 partitions and someone pressed the cancel button because it needed so long - extremly safe program)...

So i found out that there are some folders and files in a found.000 directory... But where is the rest?? What did happen there? All partitions where mounted and Paragon was booted before Windows so BestCrypt shouldn't be the problem.
    Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.