Data Miner

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Diana, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diana

Diana Guest

I have been using Spyware Guard and Spyware Blaster and just wanted to let you know that "Data Miner" continues to embed itself into my computer. I am not complaining as these program have eliminated at least 10 other spywares that would continually infect my computer. I just wanted to let you know. Thank you.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Diana,

Data Miner sounds like a typical description that AdAware would give to any spyware.
    Could you be more specific or post a log of what has been found. That way Javacool may know what is going wrong or what needs to be added to the definitions.

Regards,

Pieter

3. D_Valle

D_Valle Registered Member

I would be happy to do that, but can you tell me how I can specifically get this information to find out what name it really has other than just "Data Miner." Thank you.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Diana,

Sure. :)
    After scanning click on Show logfile en copy & paste a piece out of the log like I did below.
    (I took the Alexa key out of the ignore list to demonstrate)

Regards,

Pieter

5. D_Valle

D_Valle Registered Member

c:\windows\cookies\myname@iwon[2].txt AND c:\windows\cookies\myname@adservingcentral[1].txt

That's the information I get which doesn't match what you showed me by clicking on logfile.

I have been using the latest version of Ad-Aware 6.0.

Thank you

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Thank you - I'll take a look at those items shortly. :)

Both are cookie items, but since SpywareBlaster (since version 2.5) also has protection against spyware cookies, don't be surprised if you find them added in a future database update. ;)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.