Data corrupt after backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by egood1225, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egood1225

egood1225 Registered Member

Several days ago, I used True Image to back up a 59 gigabyte space on my computer to a second hard drive. I reinstalled my operating system, and then went to restore the image, and was told the back up image was corrupt. I tried to view the files in the image, and was told there was an I/O error when trying to create the drive on my system. Finally, I used an emergency boot disc I created with True Image, and was able to restore my data. After restoring, I went to access the data, and was told the files were empty. They showed as having zero files in them, and filling no space. I downloaded an application that shows these folders, that my system now reports as being empty, actually do contain valid data. I just am unable to access or retrieve this data. I would greatly appreciate anyone letting me know how I can retrieve this data. This backup contains important data that is 6 years old, that I need to be able to access. Is it possible for me to retrieve this data, or is it lost?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello egood1225,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

You can find your build number in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number).

Please recreate the bootable rescue media with the latest build of the software and try to restore an image in rescue mode once again.

If that doesn't help, please install Acronis True Image on another computer and try to plug or restore the image there.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. egood1225

egood1225 Registered Member

Thank you for your advice and directions. As soon as I downloaded the latest copy of True Backup, I tried restoring my system again. At first, the system would not recover the data, but I tried again. On my third attempt, I was able to retrieve my data from my back-up. I've been slowly restoring my system since then, but True Image made this recovery much easier. Thank You!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.