DAMN MALWARE!!! I can't even access the internet from my home computer anymore.

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by sevendustweb, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevendustweb

sevendustweb Registered Member

Please HELP!! I am on an office computer because some MALWARE has screwed up my settings so bad, I can't get to the Internet anymore. Whenever I open IE, all I get is the "Page Can't Be Found" screen. I know my cable modem and router work properly because my Tivo can access the Internet.

There is no use posting a HiJackThis log until I can get back online at home. I know there is a fix or some files I can overwrite to restore certain crucial files back to their original state.

Please help me!! If I can't figure this out by tonight, I am going to have to format and do a fresh install of Windows which will be a huge pain in the ass.

2. Taz71498

Taz71498 Registered Member

Hello sevendustweb,

Download Hijack This Save this program in My Documents. Run the program, and press Scan. When you are doing this, make sure you have No Internet Explorer Windows open, including this one. You will notice the Scan button will turn into a "Save Log" button. Save the log and Post that log onto this topic. DO NOT Delete or modify anything yet, as some of it is needed to keep your system in Good Shape.

3. sevendustweb

sevendustweb Registered Member

I have already run HiJackThis and might have deleted something I shouldn't have deleted. Is there a site where I can download original files for Internet Connection settings (Windows files)? If I can't get back online by tonight, I am doing a hard format and full re-install.

4. Taz71498

Taz71498 Registered Member

Well, what I suggest is that you run HJT and post a copy of the log here for us to look at. We need to see it in order for us to tell you what you need to do.

Run the program, and press Scan. When you are doing this, make sure you have No Internet Explorer Windows open, including this one. You will notice the Scan button will turn into a "Save Log" button. Save the log and Post that log onto this topic. DO NOT Delete or modify anything yet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.