Daily updated Antivirus Rescue Disks?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AlexC, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

What rescue disks are updated daily with the latest signatures, so that the most recent updates are available when one downloads the iso?

I'm only aware of Avira Rescue System and Dr.Web LiveCD.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  2. itman

itman Registered Member

Many are updated with the latest virus definitions when they begin execution from the bootable media e.g. Norton and Avast are few I know of. So as long as you have a working network connection, the version on the bootable media does not have to be the latest one.

3. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

I know, the purpose is to download, burn and take the live cd already updated to a computer without connection or slow connection. With Avira and Dr. WEB that´s possible, but i don't know about any others. Thanks anyway!

4. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

Kaspersky have an Offline Update for the rescue disk for sure

you just nee to Download the Kaspersky Offline updater tool on a machine with internet connection acquire the update and load them in the rescue disk
    i didn't try it before but you can get help on the Help Forum
    Tool Link :
    http://support.kaspersky.com/updater?level=2
    Forum Link:
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=193

and for avira i think the same thing is possible

Link
    http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&postID=1182695

also try to Look for AVG rescue Disk i think it's possible offline update it too

5. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Thanks a lot Ranget! I'm trying the tool right now. In the GUI i have the option to select updates to Kaspersky Antivirus, Internet Security, Pure, Antivirus for Mac OS X, Small Office Security and Rescue Disk (this only in "Home/Small Office" tab, many other Kaspersky products are supported)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  6. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Yes it works!

7. itman

itman Registered Member

Yes, I forgot about the off-line capabilty.

Avast Rescue CD has the capabilty to allow you to point to a directory of your choice, on or off line, that contains a virus definition file.

With today's hardware speeds, probably best just to download latest CD .iso w/definitions on a clean PC and burn the .iso with something like Imageburn if the clean PC does not have boot image creation capable burning software.

Kapersky's rescue CDs won't work on my PC since my motherboard BIOS doesn't support the Linux grub kernel Kapersky uses. Might be an AMD thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.