D-Link router: Ports 65460-65535 closed

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sir_carew, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello guys,
    I want to ask something. I'm using a D-Link router with all security options enabled (SPI mode, Block ping, DoS protection and unpnp option disabled). I'm using also COMODO Firewall Pro 2.4.
    I tested my ports using grc.com and all were stealth, except the following ports range: from 65460 to 65535. For example, if I test port 65459 and low ports numbers, all are stealth, but from 65460 to 65535 all ports were closed and not stealth as I think. I'm not running any app. that can be used such range of ports. My PC is clean too.
    I googled the problem and I found a user that is using d-link router have the same issue. However no solution to the problem.
    I tried to make a rule from router and also COMODO to block all communications in this range and no good result, still closed.
    I want to stealth these ports.
    Anybody have an idea of how can I do that?
    Thanks very much.

PS: I posted this same problem in COMODO forums waiting for a idea. Again, thank.

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Either port forward these ports to Comodo, and let that drop these inbound scans, or port forward to an unused LAN IP.

3. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

I forwarded the ports to an unused IP LAN and worked. Now all ports are stealth as it should.
    Thanks very much.
    Only two more questions:
    1) Why this problem happen?
    2) I looked at my DHCP settings and my IP are until 192.168.0.199. I added 192.168.0.200 as I assume that it's a invalid LAN IP address. Is that an incorrect address in my case?

Again, thanks :)

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

1/ I dont know. I do not have a D-link to check.

2/ If the IP used is outside the DHCP range in your router, then you will be O.K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.