Cyscon Firefox extension

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Krusty, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I think this would be a good addition to Tor BB and I have installed it.

2. cyscon

cyscon Registered Member

Feature Release - Version 1.11.1:
    ADDITIONAL FEATURES: cyscon Security Shield warns users if the website they are visiting has delivered malware via infected banner ads (Malvertising) over the past few days (read more)

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks, just got it via internal extensions updater.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have to admit, even though I'm not a true privacy freak, I still don't feel comfortable with this kinda stuff. But I think it's a cool service for less knowledgeable people.

5. cyscon

cyscon Registered Member

ACK: I understand. However, we are fully transparent in what we do and we don't do. For example, our "Source Code" is publicly available, and the same goes for our statistics. As you might know, we are a German company, and people in Germany - and especially myself - are obsessed personal privacy and the laws are very strict, so I exactly know, how you feel - but we really aren't the bad guys ;)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes this is true, but personally I don't feel like I need such a service, besides my concern of privacy. But like I said, I would recommend it to other people who are more vulnerable to phishing attacks. And the fact that Opera is also using your services makes you look more trustworthy.

7. haakon

haakon Guest

Running smoothly in Cyberfox Intel-64-bit Portable 41.0.2 in Windows 7 HP SP1 x64. Seems to be OK alongside Trustwave Secure Browsing, Safe Browsing, EFF's SSL Observatory and Bitdefender's cloud HTTP scanning.

PayPal and Facebook are the only sites interacting with Cyscon for me at this point; no other financial/commerce/social sites I visit routinely. That's an observation, not a criticism.

I'd like to see the address bar item removed and it's function integrated into the toolbar button.

Otherwise, good work. Keep it up. :thumb:

BTW, "colossus" subdomain name... very cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2015
  8. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yes, I would like this also.

9. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

10. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

+1

11. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Hey @cyscon ,

There's been a couple of updates to cyscon Security Shield but you haven't posted release notes here. Have you forgotten about your wilders' users?

12. cyscon

cyscon Registered Member

No we haven't forgotten about the wilders users. ;)

IMPROVEMENT (1.12.0): small improvements resulting in better hit rates
    ADD (1.12.1): coloring to the url bar so you can quickly and better identify whether you're safe. Can be turned off in about:addon
    Jepp, this is what this addon should / is addressing with the functionality "Trusted Domain".
    We have more than 20.000 domains in our "Trusted Domains" list, so maybe it's an issue of the country where you are from and that we have a "white spot" there.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  13. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I have tried to submit two domains that have recently been attacked and all that happens is another FF window opens and tries to sell me crap!

I will not bother submitting any more. :thumbd:

https://www.communications.gov.au/w...-when-purchasing-products-and-services-online

Edit: This was after already submitting them two days ago but since they hadn't been added to the list of known cyber attack domains I thought I would re-submit them.

Edit 2:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  14. cyscon

cyscon Registered Member

If I got it right, you wanted to submit 2 domains where a "data breach" happened and you used the "report abuse" function, right?

This kind of "abuse" can't be verified by our our automated system, that's why it has not been added automated. The "report abuse" checks websites for malware and/or phishing and it's them automated. In case of data breaches we need to verify it by hand.

I am trying to figure out, how we can add a "report function" for this and other kind of stuff, without overloading the "report functionality" within the plugin.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  15. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yes that is correct. You can read about the two domains I've linked above at the Australian Government site I also linked above.

Thanks.

16. cyscon

cyscon Registered Member

Domains have been added and users are now notified. Thanks for the report.

17. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

:cool: Thanks!

18. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

19. cyscon

cyscon Registered Member

Thanks for your information. At the current stage it is unclear if there is a "data breach" on Vodafone's end. So we can't add it. This will cause to many FUD on customers end. But we keep an eye on it.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  20. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

OK, understood.

21. cyscon

cyscon Registered Member

Version: 1.16.0 --> available via Mozilla Firefox Addon Manager

--
    IMPROVEMENT (1.15.0): speed optimization by minimizing cloud requests to cyscon detection cloud
    ADD (1.16.0): introducing exclude-list for safebrowsing domains of security vendors
    --

Please note: If you have already installed the add-on, the new features will be available automatically.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  22. cyscon

cyscon Registered Member

Version: 1.17.0 --> available via Mozilla Firefox Addon Manager

--
    ADD: Data Privacy Feature - introducing Anti-Social Media tracking by giving user a 2-click functionality to enable "Facebook-Like" boxes
    IMPROVEMENT: extend exclude-list for safebrowing domains of security vendors
    --

What does this mean:
    cyscon security shield hides particular social widgets (in the current version only "facebook like boxes") behind an extra click, so you can use websites without getting tracked by facebook about every step you take online.

Please note: If you have already installed the add-on, the new features will be available automatically.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  23. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Awesome!

Is there any plans to add blocking of other 'Social media' widgets, like Twatter and Goggle+?

24. cyscon

cyscon Registered Member

Yes, it is the plan to support these 3 Social Media Platforms, mainly. Twitter and G+ will be added in one of the next releases. ;)

As we use a different approach to uBlock and Adblock, it is a bit more tricky to "change" the html properly (blocking itself is easy), without breaking the page and "enable" the functionality again with a 2nd click. Thats why we decided to introduce this feauture "step-by-step".

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  25. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

:cool: Nice!

I'm really liking this extension more and more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.