Cypherix LE

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by rbul1, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbul1

rbul1 Registered Member

Recently found it necessary to wipe my C: drive and reload data and apps.
    Cypherix LE when loaded fails to display the encrypted file.
    I can see the file in C:\windows\system32 but it is not present on the right side of the Cypherix LE window.

See below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cypherix (G) | File should exist here.

I need to know what is lacking & how to fix it (open the file). |

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Moved Thread to Proper Forum for More Exposure!

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Can you find the Cypherix container (your encrypted file)? Whatever you named it and the extension. If you can find the file, which should be wherever you put it in your data, try opening by the "Open File" within the Cyperix application. Another option, find the named file, click on it and it should bring up a window to select an application to open the unknown file, browse through the C: until you find the Cypherix program and click. It should open and ask for your password. Unless, of course, you didn't backup your encrypted file when you did the reformat and restore?

4. rbul1

rbul1 Registered Member

The information in my thread is what I know.

I know the vault name is Cypherix and the vault drive letter is G:

I had backed up the file to an external drive and copied it to my new
    C:\Windows\System32 folder as cxl1705, no extension.

The vault does not appear until the password for the app. Cypherix LE is entered.
    After the password is entered a window opens with the vault name and drive letter (G) on the left side of the window and the request for the encrypted file should appear on the right side of this window.
    At this time the file name would be entered as cxl1705 and the encrypted file should be revealed in all its glory (an .xls file).

Yes, I have loaded a new copy of MS Office Excel 2007 which is fully compatable with my old Excel version Excel 2000 and have loaded and used other files that were backed up to the external drive and are now fully functional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.