Cyborg - SMTP question and clan webapge

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Cyborg, Dec 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

LWM - This post was split from a TDS thread as it was on a different topic. The source thread was this one.

[hr]
    As a follow up tp the post I just made what is SMTP Server?

It has currently the numbers 127.0.0.1 and this is I believe Telnet Port 12345 which is certainly nothing to do with my PC so far as I am aware.

I recently had a guy who runs our clan send me a file into my Outlook Express which was to set an E-mail link to the clan webpage. When I go into Outlook Express now it says registering in the bottom right corner and sometimes I do not always get access. Any ideas what this guy could have done with this kink. I had to give him a password that he set up at his end. When I downloaded the file for the first time upon entering Outlook Express the E-mail address I had given him for the website was there but I had to put in the password I gave him to allow me access. I only had to use this password once. It is all so very confusing to me and I want to make sure he has not set up a Trojan of some sorts.

I recently had a problem when going into MSN. My Icon I noticed had the name Chris alongside it which is not me. When I put the mouse over the Icon my E-mail address was still there. As I went into MSN the lady from Microsoft said "Good Evening Chris" which kind of got me worrying.

I ran Ad-Aware and SpyBot Search and destroy and managed to get rid of this character "Chris." Who Chris is I do not know but I would be happy to find out what went on there please,

Thanx a long post but questions I need to ask as I am trying to get myself a safe PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.