Cyberhawk vs System Safety Monitor Free Editon?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

What do you mean it stops system restore access? You can't use System Restore if you have CH?

2. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

i dont seem to have an issue with system restore and cyberhawk. i tried to replicate what you said . i normally dont run with system restore on . i turned on system restore and uninstalled cyberhawk then rebooted and reloaded up cyberhawk and created a restore point . i rebooted for something to do and checked if system restore was all up to date etc and alls good ?

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Been running this setup in my testing snapshot for about two days and they seem to get along fine. Might prove that Cyberhawk (Behavior Analysis) , SSM (HIPS) , and Prevx1 (CHIPS) can run together. I have been able to run all my usual programs without problems or slowdowns. Next on my list is to run some tests to make them react.

dja2k

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I went and read the other thread here about CH after I read this one and learned that the problem was corrected in the next to latest version. I no longer have CH so I can't recall the version number .37 I think fixed it. I read, on the last page of the other thread, such alarming things regarding privacy issues, if you use CH, that I immediately reverted back to a earlier snapshot of this virtual machine that I took just before installing CH.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

You are right!

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

What do you think if you put Safe'n'Sec into the mix of Cyberhawk and System Safety Monitor.

Cyberhawk + System Safety Monitor (1 Behavioral Analysis, 1 HIPS Application Control)

VS

Safe'n'Sec + System Safety Monitor (1 HIPS Behavioral Analysis, 1 HIPS Application Control)

Don't know what is normal HIPS anymore compared to Behavioral Analysis, but Safe'n'Sec is said to be a behavioral analysis program and yet it labels itself HIPS. Which one would you think is a better choice and why do you think so? Or do you think there too much overlap between either of the combos? I know Safe'n'Sec is still in beta but if you tried it (I am currently running it) you would fine out it is pretty smooth along side the applications in my sig.

dja2k

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.