Cyberhawk v. 2.0 just released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Cyberhawk Support, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Its a HIPS that uses behavior blocking (there other types of HIPS as well)

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I noticed there is one release today, v.2.0.2.12. It is the newest one? What are the improvements? I am still waiting the conflict issue between DeepFreeze and CH to be resolved. o_O

3. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

Where can you see that kind of info. In my GUI Ive got 2.0.2 only and at the website they dont specify more than 2.0.2.

If I look at the download .exe it is 2.0.2.12 - why shouldnt it be easy to see the exact version number in the GUI and at the website? But I guess why make it easy when you can complicate it?

4. Cyberhawk Support

Cyberhawk Support Registered Member

Hi folks--

You can easily view the full version number of Cyberhawk, including build number, by launching the Cyberhawk GUI and going to Help--About Cyberhawk. Any updates released will be of the sort 2.0.1, 2.0.2, etc. so you won't really need to worry about the actual build number. You can always view what's new in the latest release by going to our Updates page:

http://www.novatix.com/Cyberhawk/Updates/

Perman--I know our QA manager PM'd you that he was going to look into the Deep Freeze issue. We're still checking into it. Please feel free to contact our technicians directly through our online support site if you'd like to work with them in more detail on this problem.

Thanks,

Becky

5. glentrino2duo

glentrino2duo Registered Member

@Cyberhawk Support

Have you look into Cyberhawk's incompatibility with Sandboxie? Whenever you open a program inside Sandboxie or run a program sandboxed, Cyberhawk seems to be getting in the way with Sandboxie, instead of asking if I want to continue (I guess that's how Cyberhawk should respond to it), then the Application Error dialog box shown below appears. This Sandboxie error only pops out when Cyberhawk is installed.

Attached Files:

6. Cyberhawk Support

Thanks, glentium.

I'll ask our QA folks to take a look at this.

Becky

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Behaviour Blocker ;)

8. juckjones

juckjones Registered Member

Attention: Cyberhawk Support/Becky:

Cyberhawk has just detected the following programs "logging keystrokes":

1. Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Pro

2. TrendMicro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006

3. Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.1

Aren't these issues fixed in Cyberhawk 2.0.1.2?

9. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Seems no forum exchanges or info lately from Cyberhawk Support so am Bumping this Topic to attract some attention in an effort to see if this program is being updated again soon and how development is progressing into the next release and what we can expect from it.

Thanks

10. vhick

vhick Registered Member

a haven't problem running cyberhawk with sandboxie. right now im running cyberhawk and typing my reply using firefox in sandbox.

but i have an issue in firstdefense-isr. but i do a little trick to make it work.

11. glentrino2duo

glentrino2duo Registered Member

In my case, it's not a problem of not being able to run programs inside sandboxie. they do run, but first I received an start.exe application error message box shown in my other post. everything seems normal after that message and no problem at all with the application running inside sandboxie. it's just quite irritating to see that application error box. it's a known case as shown in this thread in sandboxie forums: http://sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=825

12. Cyberhawk Support

Hi juckjones--

Sorry for the delay in responding to this issue. The best and quickest way to get an answer to anything Cyberhawk-related is through our online support site at http://www.novatix.com/support.

The over-active keylogging notifications was a known issue in Cyberhawk 2.0.1. This was addressed with our latest update to version 2.0.2 (or, 2.0.2.12). You may check which version you have by going to Help--About Cyberhawk. Even if you have auto updates off, you can manually check for updates in the Options area. Also, you can always download the latest update by visiting our updates page here:

http://www.novatix.com/Cyberhawk/Updates/

Once you get that latest update installed it should take care of the problem.

Thanks,

Becky Dubrow

13. Muscle

Muscle Registered Member

Installation ended prematurely because of an error

I have just downloaded the latest version (2.0.2.12), but I get an error when trying to install. (First-time install.)

When it shows the setup screen "Cyberhawk Installation Wizard" and then click next, it shows a "Fatal Error" dialogbox with the message "Installation ended prematurely because of an error.". I also tried running it under administrator but the same error came up.

System Specs:
    -Vista, final version
    -Kaspersky Internet Security 6 (installed but disabled)

Any idea how I can install Cyberhawk?

14. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Not to sure, but I think in Windows Vista, you have to disable UAC to use any HIPS like Cyberhawk.

dja2k

15. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Has anyone gone for the paid version of CH?
    I'm still on v1.20.
    Just wondering if all is good know with either paid or free with v2.o3 ?

16. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Lack of users' responses here and absence of encouragement from Novatix have made my waiting moments on side line even more unbearable. Where are those drives we have seen a while ago? Is Cyberhawk going thru a cyber-menopause right now? I did not even see those healthy hot flash. Or is it that no news is a good news ? o_O

17. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am using it and my concerns are:

1- False keylogging alarms, too many
    2- CyberHawk service using too much CPU on even simple launch/ shutdown of many applications like browsers etc.
    3- With my set up it is responsible for a general slow down that is clearly noticeable and annoying.
    4- Pop up alerts are not so clear( unlike KAV PDMs clearly telling generic Trojan/ Worm? RootKit behaviour)

Otherwise it,s pretty silent and when I tested it against different worms, keylogegrs etc, it was good.

18. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Aigle: Thank your response. I am glad you have given CH a second chance. I will later put it back on my defense lineup, it has been on disable list for some time. Thanks.

19. aigle

aigle Registered Member

For me slow down( of application launch like my browsers etc) is biggest issue bit I am tolerating. Not that I need CH badly to secure my system, just I like to play with these applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.