Cyberhawk uninstall concerns

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Drew99GT, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

I'd like to try this product out, but upon reading some older threads, there were some concerns about hundreds of registry entries left behind after uninstall. Has this been addressed by Cyberhawk? Did anyone try using CCleaner to see how many registry entries it found after uninstall of Cyberhawk? Thanks

2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Interesting question. I don't have your answer but you can bet someone else here does.
    The mere mention of "hundreds of registry entries" makes me cringe. I certainly hope we can get an answer on that. Something tells me that they (Novatix), surely wouldnt be that lax in their code making as to leave behind so many entries but i have seen other softs where the uninstaller lost the uninstall.log or else when a cleaner erased it, and that left me manually sorting thru dozens upon dozens of registry lines to remove. I use an old version of RegCrawler to do those duties but it takes awhile going line for line if there are way too many.

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I have reported on an earlier thread re: registry debris left behinds by CH's uninstallion. I think it is a norm for those so-called deep-hooking app. I used regcrawler as our friend EASTER.2010 did, to rid of many garbages. Although regcrawler is a bit old, it is still very much effective. Manual deletion one by one is a pain on the neck, but it is perhaps the only good way to cure this headache. Lately, I found an app called Registrar Registry Manager Profeesional can do more, it can delete entries in LEGACY.Control set. Just amazing. Have anice one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.