Cyberhawk or Dynamic Security Agent?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by InfinityAz, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Agree Mrkvonic,

I do not worry about an infected PC. I can always roll back to a previous actual working state or in times of disaster to a clean initial system state.

My real worry is that the external backup disk is stolen with all our digital photo's, music et cetera on it.

We kept the brick sized external disk on a different place, only backing up once a week or after returning from holidays, or when my wife made a set of work out cd's for her spining/arerobic/steps lessons.

After four years we got lazy, now it stands besides one of the three PC's

cross fingers

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  2. KDNeese

KDNeese Registered Member

Somehow my post in another thread ended up in this thread, so the context of the discussion is missing. The point I was trying to make is that there are people who think they are wholly immune from malware simply because they are running certain security apps (in this case, a sandbox was the item of discussion). I am totally for taking proper common-sense precautions, and am in no way suggesting any security measures should be trashed. However, there comes a point when security becomes almost an obsession, and the whole point of having a computer (for enjoyment) is lost. I have read posts by certain individuals who say, "if you're running a sandbox, you are protected, and don't even need an AV" (and other like statements). While most people who frequent these forums would take such a statement with a grain of salt, there are other less experienced users here who might take it as fact. That is what concerns me. I'm sorry if my purpose was misunderstood. I was trying to point out that no security app makes you immune to online dangers. I totally agree that due caution and common sense will protect you from a lot of the garbage that's out there. However, I also believe you don't need to run 3-5 different HIPS programs (as I've seen some do), an AV, 2 AS apps, etc to keep you safe. I think with some people, the fight for computer security becomes a vicious circle: Download apps so you can get safely back online to download more apps so you can get back online to download more apps... As I said, security and related software can sometimes become an unreasonable obsession.

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

The current trend in malware programs is to integrate firewall, AV, AS, AT, HIPS, etc. into one suite of applications. So that would remove the need to install and replace security programs on your PC. Only the hardcore PC user would continue to compare and utilize different applications. Any PC system or aspect of your life can be vulnerable if someone really wanted to drill deep into your personal life(not unless you go to a deserted island and live like a hermit).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.