Cyberhawk is a no go

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Drew99GT, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

I recently downloaded Firefox 2.0.04 (upgrading from 1.5), and I kept getting error code 203 when trying to install add-ons. I've literally spent the last 4 days trying to fix this issue. Re installed a backup image, clean reinstalled Firefox about 50 times, including cleaning the registry of everything from Firefox; no fix. Someone recommended Filemon to moniter my profile folder. Sure as &^%#, Cyberhawk was messing with it. Uninstalling it solved the problem.

I've seriously lost 5 years off my life trying to fix this problem! I have gray hairs now! o_O

2. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I have the latest version of Firefox and Cyberhawk here and have had no problems updating Firefox, installing add-ons or updating them. I always leave Cyberhawk running when I install or update as well.

3. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Likewise, no problems with FF.

I did remove CH because page images were taking longer to form.

Ian

4. Drew99GT

Hmmmmmmmm, that's weird then. I really like the idea of Cyberhawk. So easy to use, you basically have to do zilch and you're protected. I wonder what the heck the deal is with it. Maybe it corrupts the installation of firefox. Did you guys have Firefox before you had Cyberhawk? See, I installed Firefox 2.0 AFTER I got Cyberhawk. Weird.

5. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Had FF before - a long time.

Tried the previous version of CH and had reboot problems with that. However, latest version is lighter and no problems although when we (family) tried it certain things were flagged on one PC and not another. This made me think but it was the impact on internet that made me remove it, plus, I have F-secure suite and not yet paranoid!

Ian

6. Drew99GT

Darn it, this makes me angry. I tried installing Cyberhawk again (after everything was kosher with Firefox 2 - the problems initially happened when Cyberhawk was installed before the update to FF 2), and it's still giving me error code 203 when trying to install extensions. It's screwing with the profile folder for some reason. What could be the problem with my machine if it's working for others? I also have SAS Pro and Antivir PE running.

7. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

8. Drew99GT

Tried that about 50 times as well. I did find a post in the Comodo forum where someone was having the same problem. Misery loves company o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.