Cyberfox users, here is how you do it!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Unless you do the following, Cyberfox 28.0.1 will render like the default Firefox 29. a) Tweak Ff 29 to your satisfaction. In my case that wasn't much more than after installing the extension Classic Theme Restorer, tweaking with its options. b) Install Cf 28.0.1. It will render looking like australis without any customization. Not to worry! c) Install Profile Buddy.
    Profile Buddy is very simple to use. Just select the Firefox default profile to copy to the Cyberfox profile. I had one issue but fortunately my intuition guided me to the resolution. After updating to Cf v28.0.1 I had only ever opened it sandboxed and the Cf profile would not be listed in Profile Buddy. I disabled Sandboxie and opened Cf once and then it was there.
    Bottom line is Cyberfox 28.0.1 appears and functions as Cf 28 did but with the security of Firefox 29.
    Profile Buddy works so perfectly, Cf even has the new HTTP cache entry enabled!

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Thanks for the find.

In my case, after installing Cyberfox 28.0.1 - I first reinstalled the missing Session Manager. I discovered my session profiles were gone. I opened the Firefox Session Manager profiles folder and copied and pasted the missing session profiles there to the new Cyberfox Session Manager profiles folder. After that, I was able to restore my lost session I had previously open in CF 28. I also lost my bookmarks on upgrading; I restored them from an open Firefox Bookmarks window by coping and pasting them to my Cyberfox Bookmarks.

But the new Profile Buddy will cut down considerably on the amount of work needed to restore missing customizations trashed due to the new Australis settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.