Cyberfox developer states: "Just a few v18.0.2 bugs to work out!"

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

He posted two hours ago!

2. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

Yeah, and he finally has a dedicated Cyberfox website too! :thumb: Looks good, nice design. Can be found here..

https://8pecxstudios.com/

Support will still be at the Virtual Customs site though..

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

That really needs to change, imho. If he's going to move from a "club project" to actively pursuing people outside of that forum and keep a professional website, he needs to provide everything in one home. I don't see that many wanting to register for an unrelated forum they haven't heard of just to get some questions answered.

4. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

That I can agree. The website looks slick :thumb:

5. Cimmerian

Agreed. I kind of get the feeling, though, that he doesn't really want to go too "mainstream" with Cyberfox. It was posted on another thread here, that Cyberfox was developed more for his friends, and Virtual Custom users, as a better maintained x64 FF variant. Being that Cyberfox is as good as it is though, I would hope that he'll eventually get all his eggs in one basket, and get the exposure his project deserves.

6. Cimmerian

Just an FYI, the Cyberfox website does provide a link to Virtual Customs for support, so it's not that bad. It's the same set up Waterfox uses on its site. One home would still be better though..

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

8. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I notice you have to download 30mb again to update.:eek:
    Does the present version need to be uninstalled and then install the latest one.?
    Its a real pain having to update like this..:thumbd:

Comodo dragon and chrome just update internally and its done but i see its still the bind of uninstalling and re-installing.
    With a major version update yes but not with minor updates like this.
    Its a real PITA with browser when they do this.:ninja: :ninja:

9. Cimmerian

Good question. I just asked at the Cyberfox forum, my post has to be reviewed by a moderator before it goes up. I'll post back when I get a response, though my gut tells me it can be installed on top of the older build...or that might just be gas...lol

10. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I installed over the top of 18.0.1 without incident.

11. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

I cant find an internal updater within cyberfox.:argh:

12. Cimmerian

Okay, good to know, I had thought so. I'll confirm when I get a response on the other forum.

You have to select whether or not to include the updater when you install Cyberfox, but I think the updater only alerts that a new version is out. You have to download the new version manually. The updater shows in Cyberfox's Start menu folder.

13. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Perhaps he could care less what anyone thinks. He maybe just focusing his time and effort on Cf development. Personally, I really appreciate his work/this app and focus on that!

14. Cimmerian

It's confirmed...you can install 18.0.2 right over the previous version. However, you must be updating v18. Any build prior to that, you'll have to do a clean install.

15. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Well, yes. I wasn't attacking the guy or the project, I was just giving my opinion that if he was moving forward past the "for the fans and pals" stage, it would benefit users more to have a "one stop shop" for all things CyberFox instead of registering to an unknown modding forum to get help with the browser. That was all. If he's going to keep the project to himself, buddies and whomever just happens to run across it by word of mouth, more power to him.

16. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

I think that mysterious new guy that registered here to defend it, too our comments to heart - and made positive changes. The website is a huge move in the right direction, foe shore.

Good stuff.

17. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

I installed Cyberfox 18.0.2 over the previous version with no issues. All runs well! ;)

18. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

There is an updater but it only provides a link to the website once an update is released. You're better off downloading the update and installing it over the previous version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.