Customers who plan to use PASSWORD WEB KEEPER in Norton SYstem Works 2004 read

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tempnexus, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

If you are planning on installing Norton System Works 2004 and are planning on useing the Password Keeper feature of this software then be warned that if you have your NOD32 set on Heurtics (Normal or Deep) then it will detect their crypto dll as an unknown crypt virus. THUS YOUR PASSWORD KEEPER WILL NOT ENCRYPT YOUR PASSWORDS (the dll will get removed by NOD32).
    The info has been sent to NOD32 hopefully they will fix it soon or there will be a lot of customers unhappy with that (well takeing into consideration that those customers go with Nod32 and not Norton).

2. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Re:Customers who plan to use PASSWORD WEB KEEPER in Norton SYstem Works 2004 rea

Hi tempnexus

You are right about the exclusion problem - should be fixed, but a lot of people have had luck with the workaround. Assume you've tried the DOS filename workaround without luck.

Regards
    Optigrab

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re:Customers who plan to use PASSWORD WEB KEEPER in Norton SYstem Works 2004 rea

Please send the file, on which NOD32 reports the false positive, to support@nod32.com so it can be remedied ASAP.

4. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

Ok I've sent the file on Sat night, as of today's update it has been fixed.
    Thank You very much.

Hopefully not too many people noticed that, since that would give Nod32 a bad mark. Great that it's fixed now.

I know it's the Heuritics but you really don't want to go against the likes of symantec. Since some people might start doing conspiracy theories against Nod with regards to Norton even though that file had nothing to do with Norton per say. :)

5. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi tempnexus,

>I know it's the Heuritics but you really don't want to go against the likes of symantec.

We want to to play fair.

>Since some people might start doing conspiracy theories against Nod with regards to Norton even though that file had nothing to do with Norton per say.

I know there could be such people - they may like to invoke confrontations which are based on no proof :mad: . We don't want to use such dirty methods.

I believe all the intelligent people will understand that.

Thanx :)

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.