Custom Bootable Recovery DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Happy Hunter, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Hunter

Happy Hunter Registered Member

I would like to create a custom bootable recovery DVD.

So that it will have Bootable True image software on it and the actual backup of the harddrive.

I can create a just bootable CD using True Image 9.0. But what I would like is to use Nero to create a project for my bootable DVD and drop my backup files and True Image software to it, then point it to bootable floppy or whatever and create a DVD out of it.

So the question is: Where can I get the bootable floppy, and what files do I need to put on DVD?

Thank you,
    Alex

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Happy Hunter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that current version of Acronis True Image does not allow you to create Bootable Rescue Media on DVD. This feature will be implemented in the future versions\builds of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

However, there are several unofficial ways to achieve your goals described in this previous thread.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

There is an unofficial method for creating a bootable DVD which includes the TI backup image. Do a search for "bootable" or search for posts by wdormann or menorcaman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.