Custom Bootable CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LookingForOptions, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would like to make a custom "Bootable Rescue Media". The situation I have is that I would like to create a CD that a technician can use to stick it in the PC, power it up, have a network share mapped so that all they need to do is click "Go" and it will make a image of the hard drive to the network.

Another scenario is to have a CD that is customized to automatically take a pre-specified image file from the network and put it onto a PC without any interaction at all.

Can True Image 8.0 do that? I've downloaded the trial and have been looking at it, but I don't see any way to make a custom CD. I see in the help file some information about running the ti_cons.exe with options which would be nice if I could build it into the CD.

I have been using an old tool called Imagecast (company stopped selling it a while ago) and have run into issues with XP and CD-ROMS. I am hoping True Image can do the things I need.

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LookingForOptions,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that there are no such options in Acronis True Image 8.0.

The current version of Acronis True Image 8.0 does not allow you to create a custom Bootable Rescue CD in the way you have described.

In case you want us to add some new features to Acronis Disk Backup Software, please feel free to post your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.