Current version ??

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Longboard, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Sorry guys I have had a few senior moments lately and had to get new glasses and stick and all.

I've got a bit lost in the various Vista beta and current version threads :blink:

What is the current version ? ( for XP Home)
    How do I get the full install of whatever is the current version? (rather than patch)

Will a new version full installation be OK with saved snapshots after uninstall of previous version?

Where is license info.?

Thx

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

3. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Hey E-A thankyou

Despite the depredations of immenent senility, I have been able to focus long enough to dl & install the patch: all good for this fragile little old man.

As the great folk ballad goes:
    Roll me over,
    Lay me down
    and do an ISR.

;)
    Regards.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I just used the patch version. Only had an issue on machine. If you've used a patched version before you might get some dopey error message that it can't find the installer, or something like that.

I've encountered this a few times on other software. The fix is easy. Just a simple registry edit. If anyone needs it let me know.

Pete

5. vhick

vhick Registered Member

may i know sir what is the fix because i have encounter a same problem in installation.

thanks...

6. Peter2150

First since you are editing the registry, be sure you have an up to date archive/snapshot. That way should you mess up you can always fix it.

Open regedit using start>run and type regedit and enter.

Goto Hkey_local_machine>software>classes>installer>products

Note you will have to scroll way down in classes to get to installer.

Once you've open'd products you will see a bunch of keys with long letter number names. Click on each one until you find the one for FDISR. WHen you click on the right key you will see Productname FirstDefense-ISR.

WHen you have found that key, expand it by clicking on the little plus box. There you will see two subkeys Patches and Sourcelist. With your mouse right click on the Patches key and select rename. Rename this key to Patchesold. Then exit regedit.

You should then be able to install the new patch no problem.

Pete

PS. If something isn't clear here, then ask again, cause it's my fault not yours.

7. vhick

vhick Registered Member

thanks sir! clear as sunshine.

and it works in the new patch. thanks again sir.

8. Peter2150

Your welcome. Glad I could help.

9. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

Peter, can I just ask.....does this procedure work on other software that can't find the installer? I have come across this a few times but have never found the answer.

10. Peter2150

When you get that error, first see if you have the installer file. If you do and it's in an obvious place, then yes I'd go into the registry, and see if you can find the software as I described above. If it's there with the patches key, then yes just rename it and it should work.

I also ran into a similiar but different problem with MS Office where I'd get an error on the update website saying i didn't have the privileges etc. To fix that I had to run the MS installer repair program and specify office. It has the effect of uninstalling office. I then re ran the install and that fixed it. No data lost, but I'd sure back up first.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to find this stuff. Ugh.

11. kennyboy

kennyboy Registered Member

You know I was thinking exactly that, and also HOW you find this stuff. Google is my friend also, but takes soooo much time.

Many thanks for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.