Curious

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Rico, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know of "Norton Internet Security" becoming disabled due to malware?

Thanks
    Rico

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I guess it is possible, not that I know any particular malware that does it. What happens that makes you think malware is disabling it?

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@Rico

Lucky you, saved you a job :D Only kidding, hope you find the solution :thumb:

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I see many different anti-malware programs crippled by malware. McAfee AVG etc. So who withstands the attack longer or more different type attack should provide a measure of worth. I believe the flaw which makes all scanners vulnerable, or have the potential to be shutdown by malware, is they are always one step behind the bad guys. I guess the argument will be, was it up-to-date, if not that's why it got shutdown. I believe cloud computing & cloud security, will become more prevalent, as security would be always uptodate (provided presence of internet connection); as clouds become more prevalent look for a shift in malwares target. Right now I believe the best approach is virtual SD & it's ilk. The more popular (mainstream defense) virtual becomes, more malware will target virtual. I use SAS portable as my first attack on malware, what's really cool is malware can't know the name of the executable starting SAS portable, hence allowing SAS to launch & do it's thing. Should a SBS (subscription based scanner) have the ability to rename itself, with each boot, it would probably not be crippled. I hate getting a PC which already has free MBAM, SAS & some AV crippled by, say a Rogue AV. Typically some Rogue AV's, can & do target FW's, System Restore, Safe Mode, plus anti-malware programs. Is there a way to harden, some of those, specially safe mode.o_O it's my belief that NIS 2010 would not fair & better than it's competitors, at surviving an attack. Enough! It's the story of good & evil, this time with one's & zero's.

Rico

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.