CubeDesktop for Vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Meriadoc, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

CubeDesktop
    A friend recently turned me on to CubeDesktop, I think its what Vistas desktop should have been. Currently trialing it with no problems thus far.

Requirements :
    Windows Vista with Aero user interface enabled
    512 Mb RAM (1 Gb recommended)
    6 Mb free disk space.

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

With respect to you "Meriadoc", I have never personally seen why such a need.
    Maybe for my grandson, to make his sandwich box look different, yes,... I see no reason to make the OS UI look any different.

I use the OS to run my applications, not to run 3rd party programs to make the OS look "better".

Probably just my old age, and I can concede to that. But I do see from such as "windows blinds" as conflicts with some installed security software,...

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

tbh some people have complained about vista being slow already without adding anymore eyecandy to slow it down.
    lodore

4. Meriadoc

Hi Stem, I can agree with you. I too usually am not interested in making my OS look different on my machines especially my work comps usually a Windows 2000/XP/linux and bsd OS, I don't even really like a 'nice' shiny gui on my programs but that is also probably down to age and computer background, pre 'Windows' that is, and generally using the command prompt and not Windows to get things done.
    I have installed CubeDesktop on the Vista machine (I rarely use Vista in fact I use a linux/Mac more) but the kids use Vista all the time and after I've had a play I'll keep it for them (and me when I use it.)
    Vista for me is not really my idea of a computer OS, its more of an entertainment box :D and so CubeDesktop is an appropriate add-on. Regards.

edit naw doesn't slow anything down on those machines lodore. I don't use av either so they fly.

5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Heh heh : Stem : goood to see you posting out of FW forum :)
    You getting a bit curmudgeonly ? LOL

Interesting this : all the "wobbly bits" around: Beryls, cubes...multiple desktops peeling windows. transparencies .... and on and on and on...

Nice coding no doubt, nice toys, cool to show off with, looks "neato" on youtube

I tried a couple of the transparent spinning wobblers: fine > took them off after a while: couldn't really see what the fuss was about after a short while. Get bewildered with ONE desktop !!

Meradoc: living fast with GenY :)
    me = boring calcified old fart. :D ,
    ( I still ask for integrated floppy drive in my boxes for booting some older tools ;) just in case ya know )

6. Meriadoc

Lol, got to in my house.

Hey, some of my computers only take floppy's. ;) :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.