Cryptosuite Wishlist

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by rodsoto, Apr 6, 2004.

1. rodsoto

rodsoto Registered Member

Well there's one for Process Guard, haven't seen one for CS, so i'll start one :)

• The ability to put in a host in chat as well as an IP address. I plan to have cryptosuite.anti-trojan-security.com as a server for chatting. Its already pointing to my IP just need CS to be able to connect to it.

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Doh! :)

Thanks for reminding me of this one, I might release a small fix with this in if I find some other things to add. :)

-Jason-

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Encrypted file sharing:
    When acting as a CryptoSuite server - Create a CS file sharing folder on your pc with the ability to place ordinary files ie. non encrypted in that folder so that other CryptoSuite users can see them and from which they can copy to their PC - With the encryption - decryption taking place on the fly.

As each user can be a server and client simultaneously (using two instances of CS) users could share files very easily.

4. rodsoto

The ability to widen the nick window in chat. Its a fixed width, and some people have massive nicknames hehe

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yes but Rod long names like RodSotoPerthAustraliaSubwayDeliveryService should not be allowed in the first place.

But i would love the ability to add something descriptive in our username only visible when rightclicked on it, so clicking on RodSoto logged in shows us the SubwayDeliveryService or anti-trojan-security.com, while the Host will have some options more like IP, kicking or banning,
    and something to show person is away from system, asleep, phone, occupied, anything,
    and a private message option somehow: either a separate popup to the person or for both only the writer and the person intended visible in the chat window.

And voice, some time! imagine: would enable encrypted internet pc-2-pc phone via the magic CryptoSuite chat! (would probably need buddies online detection?)

6. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I have added the host resolving (so you can use HOSTNAMES now like cryptoserver.com or whatever) and also chat nickname resizing, on to other features! :)

-Jason-

7. rodsoto

Thats brilliant Jason! Thanks for that! Can't wait for that release :)

All the best
    Rod

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Jason

This is Jooske Idea, But would Really Help me, among Other's

Please, Please.
    TheQuest :cool:

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The opposite is much easier: having an msagent reading your chat by highlighting the parts so it is on the clipboard, read by the agent. (Those things read every text you tell them to read and they keep talking and talking)
    Thinking about speech technology and dictation coming standard with XP.
    And half an eye to the scripting with TDS of course.

Imagine now the opposite: you talk, it writes in the chat. Possible.
    The Speechapi4 SDK (40mb download) includes that whole dictation part to for those who did not discover that yet!. Suppose the SAPI5 has the same and that is on XP standard.
    So you might have the software already in your hands, now doing it in a working way.
    Fortunately your voice is not transmitted over internet to the other chatters, for that could create some confusion.
    But a voice option to be able to speak (conference mode) could be really something, especially if writing can be switched on and off in that mode.
    Filesharing, of course; A shares a brilliant idea file/image with the other chatters and get immediate comment. Great!
    Can think of more options for our virtual office :D

10. docfleetwood

docfleetwood Registered Member

I still wish cryptosuite had the option to encrypt files in a folder individually with their original filenames - simply replacing whatever 3 letter extension with the cse extension. I do not like having to compress many files into one single archive in most situations. I would rather deal with each file as a seperate issue. Additionally, I think it is a rather dangerous "all your eggs in one basket" sorta thing. If something should ever happen to that one archive then many many important files could be lost. And since these are the files one chose to encrypt in the first place, they are obviously important. Please add the ability to keep files individual when you encrypt a whole folder in one shot.

11. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Hi DocFleetWood. It is a slightly unusual request but I might be able to accomodate that with a command line option when I add command line parsing to CryptoSuite. Since it would be mostly an unused feature for the majority of people I don't know if its too wise putting it into the actual GUI as an option, but having it on the commandline would be just as easy.

Something like this :-
    cryptosuite -e -singlefiles c:\folder_to_encrypt

What do you think of that?

-Jason-

12. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Jooske

That what I thought you ment I your priviest post, Jooske. [I am easily confused :D]

You speek in to a microphone, and the text is wrote in the chat, that what I need, it is because I can only type slow because of my hands.

As I said before my brain is sharp[ish] but the body is out of syc. [ :D ]

TheQuest :cool:

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yes, it is what i mean on the wishlist to be able to do that in the CryptoSuite chat too.

It's a build-in function in XP, talk in your mic and it types in Word or maybe in other open documents as well to get your text there, not sure if it enables voice commanded browsing etc too standard, maybe with some additional settings..?
    XP uses the SAPI5 speech technology for that.
    I'm not sure what you would get displayed when you sing a song though :)
    Did you see in the TDS forum in the sticky thread for demo/testfiles the one i point to a download/sample site for that with singing computer, using that same technology?
    Now the next step is trying to convince that technology the CryptoSuite chat is an input field to write in too.

Long ago i started with the SAPI4 SDK which has that dictation part as well and i got my computer answering on "tell me the time" "what can i say" "send email" "open browser" etc but dictation was more complicated as i have a dutch system and that software is more used to english sounds. Learned to refine my pronounciation though.
    The SAPI5 with XP (you can install that on other windows versions too) is much easier to speak with, but i did not practice myself if it takes dictation in every kind of form, notepad, whatever you might have to click first with the mouse.
    Could be for CryptoSuite it gives an extra problem: the input field should be limited to some 250/300 characters as we would lose trail if more people give long comments at a time! but for shorter lines it could be perfect;
    another option would be voice heard over internet by the other chatters and no text displayed at all, then we have our internet conferencing, all encrypted :)

14. docfleetwood

docfleetwood Registered Member

Hello Jason,

That would be great IF you could then add a right click shell extension where I could select a folder in windows explorer and right click and cause CS to do the above using the same folder as the default and secure deleting the original files. I guess the secure delete part would be an additional command to be added? Then when you double click a cse file within the folder a password box pops up, you enter the password and you are off and running with that particular file or you could right click the folder and undo the encrypton of each file. Effectively, I suppose it is the same thing CS does now but on a folder level instead of a single archive file level. I guess I just do not understand the need to archive all the files into one encrypted file, especially if you are encrypting data you use often - but only certain files on certain days - i.e. word documents. On the other hand, if you wanted to store something encrypted as a backup or for an extended period then I understand fully why you would want to combine all the files into one archive and encrypt it. Perhaps I misunderstand the purpose or abilities of CS, but keeping the files separate seems like a common enough need to me. But, obviously, if I'm the only one then it doesn't need to be a gui option.

Thanks for the consideration!

15. Fraha

Fraha Registered Member

My wish for the chat option in CS is a sound when someone you selected (1 or more people in the buddy list) has written something on the server! Or is coming on line (with another sound)

Also, when talking to one person in chat, Show some text that the other party is typing in a reply! I love that function in Messenger.

FTP possibilities are also very welcome here. So I can send files to people on my chatserver!

Thanks

Frans

16. Khaine

Khaine Registered Member

I would really like the ability to create encrypted partitions or containers, I realise that their is currently lots of software that does this function, however I feel that diamondcs could do it better.

I think that implementing the serpant algorithm and using SHA-2 for password hashing (I had a quick look at the cryptosuit website, and I couldn't see if this was already implemented or not)

17. Snook

Snook Registered Member

The ability to secure-delete the contents of the desktop recycle bin via context menu.

18. Khaine

Khaine Registered Member

Actually that reminds me of a very cool function PGP has that I wish eraser would incorperate, I suppose any secure deletion progam too. It is Automatically wipe on delete, so that if you delete files using windows (either via the recycle bin or shift-delete) it will securely erase the files.

19. Khaine

Khaine Registered Member

Another feature that bestcrypt has which is really cool is the ability to encrypt your pagefile. If cryptosuite could allow you to encrypt both your pagefile and the hybernation storage file that would be really cool

20. Snook

Snook Registered Member

Any future plans for email encryption...?

21. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Yes there is plans for something like email encryption, but I am not sure yet which way it will be going. If I did do it, it would probably have to be compatible with PGP's current method I think just to encourage the use of it.

22. Snook

Snook Registered Member

10-4.

23. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Inspired by this recent thread about password strength https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=28532.

Maybe it would be beneficial to have a built-in utility to test your password's entropy. I know there are sites that do this or you can read more about entropy and then generate your password from this knowledge. But some may not wish to put their password in a website just to test entropy. Especially when they might be using this same password to protect confidential and important data later.

24. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

I am really waiting this feature, it would be really great if it could be done in a stable way. There is other softwares to do it, either giving BSOD or being less secured than the Cryptosuite implementation (AES + TwoFish, CBC mode, compression, etc...).

It is easy and fast, convenient. Just double click on your file container, enter your password, and it is mounted as a real volume in the Windows explorer.
    You can copy your files directly on this volume, and when you dismount it, only remains your encrypted container which is unreadable.

It is far more convenient while daily using some files/folders than to decrypt/encrypt all the files each time.

gkweb.

25. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I second the encrypted partitions options. this would rock this baby and should be a major plus point against all the other players around. also a hide function where you can hide files/exe's.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.