Critical Error w/ PartitionExpert

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by bmoremu, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmoremu

bmoremu Registered Member

Here is my situation....wanted to reformat my C:, but wanted to backup data first, so i used PE to create a new partition using free space available on C: (HD is 120gb, so i resized C: to around 55gb and created the new partition which was near the same size) . After the reboot, I get this message:

"Windows could not restart because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM"

After that is a message recommending I repair using XP setup CD, but when I try that it doesn't recognize a HD! So I booted with the PE boot disk and go to my C: properties --> File system --> Errors and it says "File system error: MFT bitmap corrupted"

Any help would be much appreciated as I am very stuck and disappointed at what has happened.

Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bmoremu,

Thank you for using Acronis Partition Expert (http://www.acronis.com/products/partitionexpert/).

Please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. bmoremu

bmoremu Registered Member

I get the following error message:

Acronis Loader fatal error: Boot drive (partition) not found.
    Press enter to try and boot your OS......

:doubt:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bmoremu,

Please send a message to support@acronis.com regarding this problem and please describe that you have received this error message during the boot process from the Acronis Report diskette.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.