credit

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by waters, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

My daughter babysits once a week, and we often get mail to our address for her from credit cards etc.
    Is there any way i can stop her visiting credit sites etc,without stopping her using the computer.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I don't understand what credit card mail has to do with websites? Do you mean email (or postmail)? If she uses your email address, then it's something of a moral issue to be solved. Even if she stops visiting these sites or you make it impossible for her, the registered info remains. Most email-related subscriptions offer opt-out within email body. Phonecalls to customers service can work too. You can also block incoming mail from certain domains. Lots of options.
    But simply preventing site access won't stop emails.
    Mrk

3. waters

waters Registered Member

She uses our home address to apply.In her name but our address.Also ordered some items that have been delivered to our address.Credit checks are done on addresses also,so if she falls behind with payments ,our credit rating will go down.
    Can i block this in any way.I have had words with her but would like to be sure.

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Are you sure about this... SSN are used by most credit companies, unless you sign up as secondary or fall back on the account how are you responsible especially if she is under age. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.