Credentials issue with SOL

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Kid Shamrock, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

When I log into Paypal, it asks me if I want to secure my password. I respond yes and it logs it into the credentials box. Ok, so far. However, next time I log into Paypal, I am again asked to secure the password and its logged again into the credentials box. I should only be asked once, correct? My understanding is that once the credentials are saved, it should only prompt you again if you enter that same password into a different web site, to prevent a phishing exploit? I'm using build 3.0.5.174 on Win 7 32-bit. I reinstalled Prevx and still get the same results.

2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

I get that also it's how you enter PayPal I have several links like to my Direct account or to purchase something online and even if I buy something from ebay so I just think it's how you enter paypal but PrevxHelp can confirm!

TH

EDIT: I just did some testing on paypal and it only happens with IE8 and I have multiple email addresses to enter the same account!

Capture28-06-2010-1.13.19 PM.jpg

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

4. Kid Shamrock

I'm already using version 3.0.5.174, which I believe is the newest one available.

5. PrevxHelp

Could you please try upgrading to this newer beta version: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=276151 and click "Reset" within the SafeOnline configuration after upgrading? I suspect the issue will persist until you reset the configuration but it should be fixed after.

Let me know if it isn't and I'll take a closer look :)

6. Kid Shamrock

Upgraded to 3.0.5.177, still getting asked multiple times to save password. I logged into Paypal, which is a pre-configured site, as well as eBay which is not on the list. The same thing happens at both sites. Something else I noticed was that pressing "reset" caused SOL to stop prompting for a password completely. I reinstalled Prevx, which brought the prompts back, but still get asked multiple times as before. I disabled my other real-time security programs, but the problem remains. Thanks for the assistance.

7. PrevxHelp

Interesting - I'll be taking a closer look at this shortly to hopefully get some answers. Please let me know if you find anything in the meantime!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.