Creating recovery CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ymbragg, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ymbragg

ymbragg Registered Member

I have XP SP1 and TI7 Build 613. When I try to create the recovery CD it immediately fails with the error “Error Burning the Bootable CD-R/-RW”, my CD RW works fine with EZ CDC 6. I have sent two e-mails to Acronis with no luck and was hoping someone here could help?

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

We are working on this matter now, hopefully this bug will be fixxed soon.

Thank you for reporting.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. al92lt1

al92lt1 Registered Member

I had same problem. I uninstalled EASY CD Creator and was able to make boot CD. I now use Nero.

4. krystalcat

krystalcat Registered Member

I purchased True Image 7 (build 627) on July 28, 2004.
    I am also having no luck creating a bootable CD. I have Easy CD Creator 5.3.5.10.
    Must I uninstall this program? Can I re-install it after making the boot CD?
    Another CD burning software is not in my budget.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled True Image, but get the same error message.

I want to make a disk image of my Windows 98SE Hard drive before I do a clean install of Windows XP Professional.

This is very frustrating!

5. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

You might be able to get by with just uninstalling the "TakeTwo" (or whatever it's called) part of EasyCD. That is the part that is supposed to be incompatible. YMMV

6. krystalcat

I downloaded the latest version of Easy CD (5.3.5.10), which is not supposed to have "Take Two". I also did a search for "Take Two" on my computer, and nothing turned up.

I tried formatting a blank CD, but this did not help either.

Does True Image have any trouble with firewalls? I am running Zone Alarm.

Thanks for your suggestion!

7. krystalcat

Hi,

Good news! I found the way to create the recovery CD.

I had to disable McAfee Guardian (Anti-Virus running in the backround) and the Zone Alarm firewall. Disabling the firewall alone was not enough.

When these programs were disabled the CD burned like a charm.

I have not yet tried making the disk image of my hard drive. It's likely that I will need to disable McAfee and Zone Alarm for this also.

I hope this will help anyone with a similar problem!

8. dreamer98513

dreamer98513 Guest

I also had problems making a bootable cd with media creator installed. Seems the drag to disk conflicts with TI making a bootable cd. It creates a bootable disk just fine when the properties of the writer are UDFRDR but drag to disk no luck.

I uninstalled the drag to disk and it then created one. Then I missed not being able to backup my quicken to my re-writable cd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.