Creating new user account

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Acadia, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I only have one user account on my WinXP Home system: Administrator. Is there a way to create a new account yet still retain all the settings and changes that I have made to all of the defaults? When I create a new user account, I appear to start from scratch, my desktop changes and even programs that I removed from the System Tray reappear. Is there a way to copy my current account to my new account so that they are the same, except that one of them is Admistrator. Thank you.

Acadia

2. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Just go to start- run and type in control userpasswords then hit enter. You can make a new account and give it whatever power you want.

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks, but will it be identical to my old account with all of the changes that I have made thru the months, that is what I am asking: not how to do it, but how to SAVE all of the changes that I have made.

Acadia

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

This is what I get in user types.

5. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

BigC, thanks, but I simply want to create a new account with all the changes that I have already made to the fonts, and Properties, the System Tray and so on and so on. When I create a new account even my desktop picture changes to an MS default picture. Is there any way not to start all over again?

Acadia

6. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    do you want exact same profile. this Microsoft tool will help you to copy profile then change the profile name
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...96-f3a6-4fdd-862b-1ae03dc130c1&displaylang=en

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I believe what you want to do is keep all of your settings but not to have the new user with administrator priveledges. I really don't think it can be done. I think you have to create a user account and then customize it. If I am wrong I want to learn how to do it myself ;)

8. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    I think it can be done. copy the exact profile with the aid of M$ tool above to a new named profile then
    start>run
    type
    control userpasswords
    hit enter
    click on the account in question> select change account type

9. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

hadi, thank you! That sounds like what I am looking for, don't know when I'll get around to trying it, but it looks promising, thanks again. :cool:

Acadia

10. hadi

hadi Guest

You are welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.