Creating Cd for different Operating System

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Terry Cummings, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry Cummings

Terry Cummings Registered Member

Hi All,

I have a problem with a computer that is using XP and has Anti-Virus Malware on. I have bought Smart Security 5 3 user. I have installed SS5 on a userable computer using Vista but when I try to create a CD SS5 cannot find Windows AIK and goes out to Microsoft to get Windows AIK for Vista.

Firstly, Does anyone know If what I am trying to do is feasible using SS5?

Secondly, Have I got to create the CD specificably with Windows AIK for XP for it to work on my XP computer?

Thirdly, Has anyone used this software to get rid of malware on a computer before installing SS5 on the computer, It would be interesting to have the exact procedure.

Regards

Terry Cummings

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hey Terry,
    You dont need to use an XP version of Windows AIK for a rescue disc. The AIK is simply an operating system for the rescue disc. newer versions of AIK will have better driver support. You will need to download the 32bit msi installer of eset smart security to create the rescue disc. You may need to edit your boot order so that you boot from the cd instead of from your first hard drive.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.