Creating a rescue disc

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by CrunchieBite, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrunchieBite

CrunchieBite Guest

Nod32 v4.0.226 running on 32bit Vista Business SP-1 with Microsoft Windows AIK 6001 installed.

Everytime I have tried to create a rescue disc - irrespective of the options I choose, Nod reports "The specified module could not be found". Any ideas what it can't find or why? There is nothing in "Create WinPE" Nod window to indicate what the problem actually is.

The last entry in the window from the Eset SysRescue - Create WinPE window is

"Updating path to include peimg, cdimage, imagex

C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\
    C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\..\x86"

2. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

Most probably you didn't restart your PC after installation of AIK. And you start SysRescue wizard from egui. Right?

If you try to run SysRescue wizard from e.g. Start -> Programs -> ESET -> ... then it should work fine.

Or you can restart your machine and try again from egui.

3. CrunchieBite

CrunchieBite Guest

I'm not sure which one it was but, I upgraded to EAV v4 final this morning and in the process rebooted my machine. Once the 2 had been done, I was able to build a rescue disc without issues.

Thanks for your help :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.