creating a differential backup from recovery cd

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by whitestar_999, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Registered Member

i am wondering if there is an option to create differential backups from paragon backup rescue free edition recovery cd(or for that matter any edition like pro etc).from whatever i read & screenshots i saw it appears that you can only make a full image while running paragon software from a recovery cd.i can create a differential image successfully after installing the free edition in windows 7 but i want to know if i can do it without installing the software.

edit:someone told me it is there in full launcher menu but the edition was winpe based recovery cd(i.e. not free).can someone confirm this option for free edition recovery cd too.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Differential backup from the Recovery CD is only available in the WinPE Recovery CD. None of the Linux/DOS recovery environment can do differential backups.

Although it's possible from the WinPE CD, it would not be recommended for the following scenario. If the full backup archive is spanned over multiple DVD/CDs, and the differential will also be burnt onto DVD/CDs, one would have to repeatedly swap the DVD/CDs for the program to read the original archive and write the differential and the same time. With multiple DVD drives and/or additional hard drives, it can work.

3. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Registered Member

thanks for the info!i guess it would be better to do the differential backups from within the program itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.