Create Incremental File Backup?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by FriendOfJah, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Registered Member

How does one use this wizard? I've created a full backup of my C: Drive using the Smart Backup wizard to my external ESATA drive which works just fine but takes a lot of time. According to an answer to a post on Facebook, I was told for an incremental backup to use this Create Incremental File Backup wizard. I started the wizard and it asks me to Browse for Archive. I navigate to the correct external drive and the latest full backup folder. I expand the folder and click on the .PBF file. At this point it tells me, "The Wizard could not use archive G:/.../Full Backup 10-27-11.PBF as base for file backup. The following error had occurred: Improper type of base archive." What is the proper type of base archive to use then to work with this incremental wizard? Please advise, thanks. :)

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

You need to use File Compliment option in Advanced Backup wizard menu to create file increment to full base archive.
    Incremental file backup could be made for base file-level backup, not to sector-level one you have.

As an alternative, you can use Differential backup to base archive.

3. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Registered Member

Mech_An - Thanks so much for the reply. I wish there was better documentation from Paragon on exactly how to do this. Some video tutorials on the subject would be even better I suppose. Is there any advantage in using a Differential backup over an Incremental file backup? If so, how does one do a Differential backup? Please let me know your thoughts on this, thanks. :)

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.