"Create Image" fails to start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rich-02818, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich-02818

Rich-02818 Registered Member

Using True Image 8.0 build 763 on XP SP2

Has always worked flawlessly (as recently as last month). No changes to OS have occurred (as far as I know). However, any attempts to create either an incremental or full backup now fail to start. The creation of the task seems normal, but when starting it, the "Commit Pending Operations" form is displayed with an empty text area and no progress shown. I allowed this to sit for several hours with no change. The status bar on the main True Image window shows "Processing, please wait..."

TIA for any advice, Rich

2. Rich-02818

Rich-02818 Registered Member

I installed the latest build and it now seems to work properly...

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rich-02818,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you have any questions or encounter any problems please feel free to contact us. We will certainly try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. JeanPierre

JeanPierre Guest

I'm using True Image 7.0 Build 638 and have the same problem. Is there also a fix for that version?

I contacted also Acronis support by mail, but no reaction.

Thanks
    JeanPierre

5. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Acronis no longer support v7 so you will need to upgrade to v8 or v9. The final build of v8 (937) is very stable, but all new development and fixes will be on v9. Build 2323 of v9 still has a few problems but Acronis are working on them and they should be fixed over the next few weeks. I, and many other people find that it works fine for us.:cool:

6. Jean1

Jean1 Guest

After 1,5 years the software is no longer supported. A backup software!!!

1. If i upgrade to a newer version (v9 with known bugs) how long will it be supported? And as Rich-02818 wrote, v8 had the same problem as v7.

2. No reaction on my support request from Acronis.

Conclusio: i will buy another imiging software.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Technology has moved on at a rapid pace in the past 1.5 years!! However, be assured that disk images created by older (ancient?!) versions of True Image are backward compatible with all newer version of the program.

By the way, are you seeking help via this support forum or merely letting off steam? If it's the former then you'll need to tell us precisely what the problem is, provide details of your hardware and what TI version/build you are using. If it's the latter, then good luck with your alternative purchase :rolleyes:.

Regards

8. Jean2

Jean2 Guest

Detailed TI version can be seen in the posting of JeanPierre (me). I've send a detailed problem description to Acronis support. Also Rich-02818 described the problem in his posting. What else is needed?

Backup software is matter of confidence.

I have no problem that there are 2 new versions of TI in a year, i have a problem that there is no support of older versions.

I got a lot of advertisement from Acronis, but no hint that the support has finished for my version.

9. Menorcaman

JeanPierre, Jean1 and now Jean2 o_O

Perhaps if you stopped changing your User Name we would know who we were talking to!!

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JeanPierre,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

It should be said that we support the outdated versions of Acronis products in some cases.

Please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter to Acronis Support Team. I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

11. JeanPierre24

JeanPierre24 Registered Member

Hello Tatyana,

i did not receive a mail from Acronis support and so i do not have a request number. I entered the request 10 days ago on the Acronis Web Site, included was a text file created with the "Acronis System Report Tool".

Here some information:
    Acronis True Image 7.0 Build 638
    Windows XP Home SP2 and all patches
    160 GB Harddisk with 2 Partitions (30GB, 130GB), all NTFS

Problem:
    I select the system partition (C:) to backup into a file on partition d:.
    I leave all settings on default.
    The last dialog shows is the progress bar. From here on nothing happens any more. I changed settings, changed partitions, etc. But nothing helped.

At least i bootet the PC from a CD, created by the assistant of True Image and the I could create the image.

Thanks for help.
    Regards
    JeanPierre

@Menorcaman:
    I was not a member of this forum, so i could not use the same name as before.

12. Menorcaman

Hello JeanPierre24,

Unless I'm mistaken, "Guests" can continue to post using the same name. Anyway, not to worry, you are a Member now so welcome to the Forum :).

Regarding stalling of the Progress bar, this was fairly common with early versions of TI and could be overcome (until the next time it occurred!!) by uninstalling and then reinstalling the program.

Regards

13. JeanPierre24

JeanPierre24 Registered Member

Hello Menorcaman,

of course I tried to use the same user name as before but I did not succeed, so I decided to use numbers behind the name. Nevertheless, now I am registered.

Uninstalling and reinstalling TI helped.

Thanks
    JeanPierre24

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.