Create bootable CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by robdoujr, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robdoujr

robdoujr Registered Member

Is it possible to create a bootable CD not A DVD that contains the first image file and have Acronis ask for the next disk in the set?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello robdoujr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You can create a bootable CD and then put the image file on it, please note that for restoration you should run at first the last image file. So a possible variant: create an image on your hard disk and split it, then put the last file on a bootable CD, and after that you can boot from a CD and start restoration.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello robdoujr,

Yes, certainly. You'll need to slightly amend either of the three procedures detailed in the thread titled <How to create bootable rescue DVD(s)> to allow for the change to CD.

I've just carried a test using the UltraIso version, with the following main changes as an example:

- At Step #2, specify a split size of 635 MB rather than 1480 MB.
    - At Step #7 Screenshot 1, set the "Media:" on the File System tab to 703MB/80min and drag the first .tib file into the upper window rather than a maximum of seven.
    - Screenshot 2 at Step #9 will be the same other than it will now contain one .tib file (e.g. BackupC1.tib).
    - At Step #13, burn each of the remaining .tib files to separate CDs as normal ISO CD compilations, remembering to number them accordingly.

After booting from the first CD and electing to restore (or verify the image) you will need to load the last CD volume first and then follow TI's prompt for the subsequent volumes. Good luck.

EDIT

Thanks Irina. Now why didn't I think to put the last CD volume on the boot CD rather than the first :oops:.

Anyway, just tested Irina's simplified method using Nero Burning Rom and it works. However, you need to ensure you select "Continue Multisession Disk" on the Multisession tab and the .tib file you are including must be less than the 615MB of usable space remaining on the boot CD.

Regards

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  4. robdoujr

robdoujr Registered Member

Thanks it worked like a charm. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong. Now I will take what I've learned and implement it at my job. I've been giving the task of creating a image that can be used throughout our organization.

I've read the documentation on using sysprep and have in the past created a couple of images that's being used at my location as we speak. I still have not mastered creating 1 image for different models that work 100%. but like anything you plan on implementing its testing testing testing. Again thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.