CRC problems with Files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bytecode, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bytecode

bytecode Registered Member

Hi.

I have a hard disk on my laptop and I m trying to take a full image backup of one logical partition to a CD-R media. The backup process completes successfully without any problems and 8 CD's are created.

I immediately try to restore the restore using the same setup to another partition on the same machine, and the process fails with a "bad media error".

I have tried 3 different brands of CD media (TDK, Sony, HP) and 3 different CD-burning drives in the last four days with the same type of problem.

I ve even tried to copy the files burnt on CD to another machine. There is CRC error that shows up when I try that.

I've noticed one issue that may be the cause, but please confirm. When I look at the .TIB file on the CD it shows up as 719, 308 KB . However isnt it supposed to burn only 650 MB ? The CD's have a 700 MB capacity. Do I need some special CD's for this ?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. I had moved from GHOST to TI because of pains but looks like I may have to move back.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.