CRC problems with Files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bytecode, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bytecode

bytecode Registered Member

Hi.

I have a hard disk on my laptop and I m trying to take a full image backup of one logical partition to a CD-R media. The backup process completes successfully without any problems and 8 CD's are created.

I immediately try to restore the restore using the same setup to another partition on the same machine, and the process fails with a "bad media error".

I have tried 3 different brands of CD media (TDK, Sony, HP) and 3 different CD-burning drives in the last four days with the same type of problem.

I ve even tried to copy the files burnt on CD to another machine. There is CRC error that shows up when I try that.

I've noticed one issue that may be the cause, but please confirm. When I look at the .TIB file on the CD it shows up as 719, 308 KB . However isnt it supposed to burn only 650 MB ? The CD's have a 700 MB capacity. Do I need some special CD's for this ?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. I had moved from GHOST to TI because of pains but looks like I may have to move back.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.