Crazy Juicer preinstalled app not seen by Sophos Mobile Security - Agent Smith advanced threat

Discussion in 'mobile device security' started by lucd, Sep 27, 2020.

1. lucd

lucd Registered Member

Crazy Juicer coming preinstalled on many new Android phones (restoring to factory defaults has no value as the app comes back) is not detected by Sophos Mobile Intercept X free (it is a fully-fledged AV for Android)

Crazy Juicer has Agent Smith embedded, displays malicious ads, changes the code of legitimate apps and prevents them from updating, it can also steal banking information, the main focus is ad injection

The app is detected by Bitdefender free app for Android as Agent Smith "aggressive adware" and is removed by Bitdefender

I am very disappointed Sophos did not detect the adware despite it being a well-known malware and exploit method and scanning it multiple times with updated definitions. I had Guard app by Sophos installed so to prevent modification of Sophos products too. It might be an fp but mamy sites recommend uninstalling Crazy Juicer specifically (it might not be the same version so I am not 100 per cent sure) so I uninstalled just to be safe because of the Bitdefender warning
    Best regards

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.