Crashes After Installing PG 3.2

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by worldcitizen, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

After installing 3.2 I went through all my programs and opened them up etc and then rebooted and rebooted again to get out of learning mode. Then not long afterwards I clicked on a link to download a file and my PC restarted.

Then I went into the event viewer to have a look at the problem and my PC again restarted. This time after the PC rebooted PG was in learning mode again - strange I thoughto_O PG had been in learning mode then after the 2 normal reboots it went into the normal protection mode but after the crashes loaded into learning mode again o_O After this I again rebooted and then PG wouldn't load at all and gave crc errors. So I uninstalled it and so far haven't had any crashes since then up till now.

Any ideas? This was a new XP Home installation and I didn't connect to the internet until all my security software was installed including Kaspersky AV and Kaspersky Anti-Hacker and Trojan Hunter and Trojan Guard as well as Wormguard so I'm absolutely sure it wasn't a virus. Maybe a conflict with the other security softwareo_O

There was nothing in the PG logs as the PC crashed before anything could get recorded but I have the Windows Event Viewer log. Any help is much appreciated. Happy New Year to everyone!! - Dave

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: System Error
    Event Category: (102)
    Event ID: 1003
    Date: 1/2/2006
    Time: 1:28:29 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: WORLDCITIZEN
    Description:
    Error code 000000f7, parameter1 000291bd, parameter2 000091bd, parameter3 ffff6e42, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
    0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
    0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
    0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 66 000000f
    0020: 37 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 7 Param
    0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
    0030: 30 32 39 31 62 64 2c 20 0291bd,
    0038: 30 30 30 30 39 31 62 64 000091bd
    0040: 2c 20 66 66 66 66 36 65 , ffff6e
    0048: 34 32 2c 20 30 30 30 30 42, 0000
    0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

2. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

3. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I had similar experiences but mine would happen after I selected my account after booting up, I'd get the B.S.O.D and have to reboot.
    It would work fine after the reboot until I shut down and tried to start it up again. (I was having problems with AOL at the time too.)
    AOL kept disconnecting and this happened over a period of days, I tried reinstalling but couldn't install my modem drivers and eventually had to do it in safe mode. (Bizarre thing with safe mode, I couldn't get into it for ages-days)

Did scans with NOD32, KAV online, ewido, adaware, spybot and a few others into the bargain and nothing showed up.
    Did a repair of windows but still had problems. Complete format later and everything is working fine but I'm a bit worried about installing the latest version of PG.

4. worldcitizen

I'll just have to wait and see. If it happens again without PG installed then I'll suspect something else but if not then I'll have to assume a PG conflict or bug. Time will tell. So far touch wood no crashes yet today.

Dave

5. worldcitizen

So far no more crashes and I've been online all day and played games etc etc so if this continues then it might have been PG 3.2

Dave

6. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I installed many software programs including PG from past version into present without any problems at all. I only have problems or crashes when some program installed I tried to run has some conflicts w other similar programs. One thing that I really have to avoid was to install another program/s that I think has some kind of similarities in functions or make. ;)

When I uninstalls a program after re-boot I always do a registry cleaning scan and remove any left-over entries so as not to conflict past version w present versions. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2006
  7. tonyl

tonyl Registered Member

Same here,i hate leftovers anyway,take up valueable space,cause errors,etc.etc.etc.

I wish programers would design uninstallers properlly,surely they would know what is added,and also what is added/changed through use of the prog,cause at the end of the day,they designed the bl**dy thing.

8. worldcitizen

Please NOTE ALL that I said 'MIGHT'.

Things did not go well and I had reboots again after Process Guard had been removed. As well I was getting errors when installing other software and games after Process Guard had been uninstalled.

SOooooo... I did a memcheck test and lo and behold 8 passes and over 800 errors!!!!

I replaced my ram and everything works again but I have not had the time to re-install PG yet. However, I have NO DOUBT that all will go well now as I have had no more weird reboots and crc erros since installing new ram.

I'm GLAD I said MIGHT because that means I was fair and just to DCS giving PG the benefit of the doubt and that was a wise thing to do.

PG is very fussy about things like bad ram and disk corruption so if it doesn't work for some reason, especially the latest versions then it is always a good idea to check ones disk and ram 'just in case'.

signing off

Dave

9. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Good luck Dave ! RAM problems are an awful thing, glad they are behind you now ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.