crack - trojan

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by verdi2, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verdi2

verdi2 Registered Member

The compressed file crack.bat within C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-746137067-1482476501-839522115-1003\Dc138.exe is infected with the BAT.Trojan virus.

norton keeps finding this problem, yet when i search for it i cant find anything.

have d/loaded TDS 3 scanner and have done advanced scan and still nothing.

please help :oops:

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Verdi2,

Welcome to Wilders!

Does norton give more detail on the identification of the file. There are a few different variants of bat.tojan and the variant name should be appended in norton's identification.

Also, these are all batch files yet the file pointed to is an exe.

Has it been deleting it and it keeps reappearing or does it say it could not be accessed and then it just refinds/re-alerts on it later?

Have you tried browsing to it (you probably won't be able to see it in the Recycle Bin applet but if you browse to it through the c:\recycler folder it should be seen there. Make sure it doesn't have double extentions (i.e., make sure that the folder view is set not to hide extentions). If you can, manually delete it from there, you may need to try it from safe mode.

It is probably a false alarm but it is best to be sure by just deleting it.

You might want to post a hijack this log

Can you please download and run HijackThis from

http://www.mjc1.com/files/merijn/hijackthis.zip

and scan the system but do *not* try to fix anything yet as many of the items listed are necessary, instead press the "save log" button and copy and paste the log here for someone to review and advise on.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.