CPURocket pop up

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by mycoman, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mycoman

mycoman Registered Member

This pop up cannot be removed with any software and it is permanently on Microsoft Internet browser, even using SP2. What is the industry going to do about these parasites please?

MYCOMAN

2. littlejoe

littlejoe Registered Member

3. fprefect1

fprefect1 Registered Member

I didn't start receiving these annoying popups until AFTER I installed SP2. After spending a good deal of time trying to remove a program called the Naupoint toolbar, which was a functioning toolbar but also a trojan in disguise. It could not be removed via add/remove programs and manually deleting the program from program files only got rid of it until the next time you opened IE, and like magic, there was the Nauipoint toolbar folder back in program files. I finally able to rid myself of the darn thing by searching the registry and deleting anything with Naupoint or naup~ in the name.

Whether PC rocket is a similar file I have no idea, but I'm not about to download it and find out.

F. Prefect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.