CPU Temp + Returnil

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Franklin, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Posting as a bit of info which someone else may be able to confirm.

Booted into XP then ran SIW - System Information for Windows with the Sensors page opened to check out the cpu temperatures which seemed OK.

Closed SIW then went into Returnil mode and reran SIW/Sensors again and there was a drop in the cpu temperatures of a coupla degrees which is a good thing.

Using the memory cache method here with Returnil.
    Temp no RN.jpg
    RN active.jpg

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

never tested it before,but see the same happen,with Returnil active drop is 2 degrees centigrade. :D i use a litle system tray utility Core Temp 0,99 which monitors in real time. Have it set to start up with Windows.

seems your core temp. is a bit high. My duocore with idle is 39 and 40.

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

What's the ambient air temp there Huupi?

Checked this morning where it's around 16C and temps are lower.
    morning.jpg

4. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I'm also using CoreTemp 0.99 but I don't see the drop when engaging Returnil. Then again, I'm having a hard time getting my temps any lower period.

Here are my overclocked quads temps with a room temp of 22C and the windows open blowing in cool night air. These are close to the lowest idle temps that I've seen. I have an aftermarket cooler and case and I also have 4 more case fans on the way Wed. My normal idle temp is 36,34,28,34.

CoreTempidle.JPG

With the stock intel HSF, I was idling around 37,36,31,35 and when loaded with Prime95 I hit 63,63,58,60.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.