Couple questions about ESS

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Shankle, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

I recently upgraded from NOD32 to ESS.
    In the ESET folder I notice a lot of the remnants of Nod32. Can these be deletedo_Oo_O

CAN/SHOULD I do a scan of the puter from "Safe Mode"? I tried scanning ESS in safe mode but the puter seemed to be frozen. Running Vista Business.
    Will try again after posting this msg.
    Thanks

2. Shankle

One problem solved.
    I was able to go into Safe Mode and execute the ESS scan. However, I fail to see the advantage of doing it this way. Still got tons of Open file failure.

3. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, the ESET folder should have been manually deleted after uninstalling NOD32. At this point though, you don’t have to delete the nod32 files.

The time to run a safe mode scan is if ESS found a threat and was having problems deleting it. Just curious, is there a special reason you ran the scan in safe mode?

4. Shankle

Not sure if I remember correctly but I think I installed ESS on top of NOD32. That's probably why the NOD32 files were still there. I have since deleted all NOD32 files.
    Second problem.
    Somewhere on the Wilders forum I read that the ESS scan should be done in "Safe Mode". The reason I tried that was to see if all the files that ESS couldn't scan for whatever reason might be able to be scanned in "Safe Mode". It didn't seem to make any difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.