couldn't load radius system

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by gadlius, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gadlius

gadlius Guest

TDS v3.2.0 unlicensed

AMD +2400
    512 mb ram
    Windows XP Home

First time using TDS-3. Started it up and received following errors.

Load Aborted
    error #R31 - Couldn't load Radius system. Make sure RADIUS.TD3 is no in use by another instance of TDS Scanner, and that the RADIUS.TD3 file is not corrupt. [OK]

Clicked OK. New error.

Radius.TD3 Failure
    Radius.TD3 failed to initialise - it may be corrupt. DiamondCS File Protection System has a backup copy of this file in storage. Do you want to revert to the backup? [Yes] [No]

Clicked Yes. Received Load Aborted again and then Radius.TD3 Failure again and so on over and over when I click Yes.

Clicking No.

New box comes up with
    Scanning 21 processes, please wait...

Program is now Not Responding. It's using all my cpu power at 99% according to Windows Task Manager. Waited for 15 minutes and still Not Responding. Ended program.

Tried updating radius.td3 manually. Still not working.

Please help.

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

When starting TDS, are the number of references 30904 ?
    If yes, then your Radius file is up-to-date.
    If you perform a full systemscan the time it takes can be more than 15 minutes and your taskmanager could show not responding.
    Dolf

3. gadlius

gadlius Guest

I don't see any mention of the number of references. The "Load Aborted" error occurs immediately upon startup of TDS. In the Control Console the last few lines shown are

23:14:14 [Init] Please download the latest from http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/radius.td3
    23:14:14 [Init] Lincesed users can use the Update facility from the TDS menu
    23:14:14 [Init] Loading Radius Advanced Scanning Systems ... <R3 Engin, DCS Labs>

Then the errors happen as mentioned in my first post.

4. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

So there seems to be a problem with loading Radius.td3. You have updated it manually, so the only cause I can think of, is a corrupt installation of TDS itself.
    Please un-install, remove directory and reinstall.
    Dolf

5. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Have you tried following the manual update procedure?
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Gadlius and welcome to the forum.
    Did you get the radius update from the place mentioned, download it there and put the file in the TDS-3 directory.

You have not as default language chinese or any other language not using characters as we're writing with now?
    TDS-3 can't handle those, although there are solutions which work for many; in TDS-4 this is solved.

7. gadlius

gadlius Guest

Thank you all for the help.

I had Chinese as my default keyboard and Chinese selected for non-Unicode programs. After switching all setting to English and uninstall/reinstall TDS works fine now.

Thanks again.

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Glad it works for you! Enjoy using TDS and don't hesitate to aks more questions when needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.