could you recommend good combinations with avast and superantispyware?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by carioca, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carioca

carioca Registered Member

o_O

hi, buddies,
    what about the threatfire, drivesentry, geswall (freeware), spyware terminator and ssm (system safety monitor) because I read good opinions abouth them? I meant in order to furnish extra protections to the avast av scanner due to lack of heuristics scan at the moment ( avast 5.0 will have proactive protection).they have stated they protect very well te pc against threats and malwares and they supply what a regular antivirus doesn't make. are they a good combination with avast and superantispyware? could you give to us your hints and experience about hardening it? I mean something with low resources not to get your pc a tortoise to harden it. best regards.
    :cool:

2. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

I would think Avast and Superantispyware should be fine. I use the latter pro edition (lifetime= realtime scanning and auto update $20) with Avira and ComodoFP with D+. I think anything else will be over skill.

3. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Well I think just using Threatfire or DriveSentry would be enough since they're both very good at detecting new malware. Spyware Terminator has a Good HIPS but it's spyware detection fails to impress. I think if you use AVG Anti Spyware/Ewido Micro Scanner along with SAS and AVAST, you should be fine.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Contrary to ThreatFire's periodic issues on occasion, i believe, but don't hold me to it pls,that it's original developers, at least some of their originating programmers who were known as Novatix, still work the lab for this TF product now owned by PC Tools. Don't count them out by any means because CyberHawk, their orginating flaghip product launched with both great expectations & results.

I still think it's a work in progress personally, and it's been ramped up to intercept in more ways then before.

Definitely worth a try out AND WOULD MAKE A GOOD COMPLIMENT TO YOUR PRESENT SETUP PROVIDING COMPATIBILITY IS NO ISSUE FOR YOU.

EASTER

5. hex_614

hex_614 Registered Member

try norton anti bot. but if you want free you can use threatfire 3.5, as for me threatfire is not doing good combined with my avg 8.0, they have issues with each other.

so for you

avast 4.8 + threatfire 3.5 + SAS 4.1

for me

avg 8.0 + norton antibot 1.1 + SAS 4.1

for others

reformat your pc...ha ha ha just joking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.