Could not read source file.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by phduffey, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phduffey

phduffey Registered Member

My computer is acting srangely: I get multiple popup windows from Norton Internet Security 2005 firewall saying a remote computer is attempting to access my computer. I always block it, but this happens so often it interferes with using the computer. I tried to follow the General Cleaning Instructions, but received the same error message when I tried to download Winsock XP Fix, Stinger, all the trojan horse programs, CW shredder, and VX2 cleaner: XYZ file could not be saved because the source file could not be read. This suggests to me a malware program on my computer that is blocking downloading these programs. I already have Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Doctor and have used them. Norton Firewall is compromised with an error message when I try to use the Advanced tab: Internet Explorer script error, line 216, Char. 1, Error unspecified, Code 0, URL:res://nisplug.dll//advancedFW.htm. Yes, I have updated Norton antivirus and run it and it finds nothing.

Does anyone recognize what's going on, and how to fix it? Paul Duffey

2. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

I have had similar errors/problems recently. I think it could be an idea if possible to run a online scan with Mcaffe(active X) or Kaspersky(very good)

Hope u fix this problem T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.