Could not read source file.

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by phduffey, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phduffey

phduffey Registered Member

My computer is acting srangely: I get multiple popup windows from Norton Internet Security 2005 firewall saying a remote computer is attempting to access my computer. I always block it, but this happens so often it interferes with using the computer. I tried to follow the General Cleaning Instructions, but received the same error message when I tried to download Winsock XP Fix, Stinger, all the trojan horse programs, CW shredder, and VX2 cleaner: XYZ file could not be saved because the source file could not be read. This suggests to me a malware program on my computer that is blocking downloading these programs. I already have Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Doctor and have used them. Norton Firewall is compromised with an error message when I try to use the Advanced tab: Internet Explorer script error, line 216, Char. 1, Error unspecified, Code 0, URL:res://nisplug.dll//advancedFW.htm. Yes, I have updated Norton antivirus and run it and it finds nothing.

Does anyone recognize what's going on, and how to fix it? Paul Duffey

2. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

I have had similar errors/problems recently. I think it could be an idea if possible to run a online scan with Mcaffe(active X) or Kaspersky(very good)

Hope u fix this problem T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.