Could anyone help me block this malicious web site, pls.?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by VincentLiu, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VincentLiu

VincentLiu Registered Member

Dear every expert,

As soon as I launched Firefox, there jumped out, almost every time, a warning dialog box from SpySweeper of Webroot, asking me whether to allow or block the attempt of SpywareBlaster to change IE security settings of a web site--0190-dialers.com (see the attachment). Each time I clicked on "Allow change" and nothing else happened. The only exception occurred one time when I clicked on "Block change", and immediately my PC was hacker-attacked for more than 6,000 times.

So here is my question: could I do sth. to block this malicious web site from attacking my system, pls.? If so, how? I once tried to do the "Custom blocking" on SpywareBlaster, but unfortunately I was ignorant of its CLSID.

Thanks in advance and expecting your guidance.

Vincent

Attached Files:

2. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

4. VincentLiu

VincentLiu Registered Member

To: JRViejo:

Thank you for your prompt reply. In that message, javacool wrote: "until Webroot issues a fix, you can disable the "IE Shield" option in SpySweeper, enable all SpywareBlaster protection, and then re-enable that shield."

I noticed that that message was posted in 2006, SpySweeper should have issued a fix by now. What's more, I checked the IE shield set-up of SpySweeper, and found its several options--IE favorites, IE security and IE hijack (see the attachment). Should I disable all of them, or just one or two of them, pls.? According to you, should I contact also SpySweeper for this question, pls.?

Thank you again.

Vincent

Attached Files:

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Vincent, yes, the best thing to do is to contact SpySweeper right away. I don't use that software, but thought that post might help you, as it was similar to your issue, but now I see that your program has more options than in 2006. If you do get an answer from them, post back and let us know what it was, to help other members in a future, like situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.