corrupted image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by emile curate, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emile curate

emile curate Registered Member

Hi, I've full backed-up my desktop hdd several times,even to 2 different external dd,and,each time TI says at the end: 'back-up successful'.However,when I want to check the images created,several minutes later,IT says: 'image corrupted'.Only one time the image was successfully checked.What about this problem and is there anything I did wrong?I've read in some threads that other members have had the same problem,but there is no answer! Have anyone any idea about this problem,may I use these 'corrupted images' for any eventual restore?
    I thank you, emile curate

2. Steve1947

Steve1947 Registered Member

Two answer your two questions,

a. Their is no published fix for you image corrupted problem.

b. No, you cannot use an image that fails the verfiy image test.

Spend a minute and search the forum for the word "image corrupted". This should give you an indication of the stability of the Acronis product. Save yourself a lot of time and walk away.

3. tr8der

tr8der Registered Member

Hello-

I’m using TI 7.0 build 638, or should I say I’m trying to use it. My Drive is the NEC ND-3500A Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer.

I have purchased DVD-RW disks that I quick format by roxio’s drag to disk. TI seems to run the image file fine to DVD, but when I double click on a file on this new DVD I get the "Image archive y:\XXXXXX is corrupted" error. When I have TI write the file to the hard drive, then dbl click on it, I get a form that tells me it’s part of a TI image.

How can I use this tool to write these files to DVD? I have also tried to have TI write to the hard drive files that are about 3900 MB in size then I attempt to write them to DVD R media and I get the same file corrupt error as above.

Also, when I eject the DVD-RW from the drive, drag-to-disk wants to know if this disk should be prepared for use only on this computer or any computer. Does this need a certain setting?

It's crazy the amount of time many of us have spent on trying to get this product to work.

Thank you.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello tr8der

Welcome to the Acronis True Image Support Forum.

Check that you have disabled Windows CD recording for your burner by opening "My Computer", right click on the burner icon, select "Properties" then "Recording" and uncheck "Enable CD recording on this drive". Close down all non-essential applications from the Task Bar and then try burning an image direct to DVD RW again.

If you search this forum you'll see that Roxio's Drag-to-Disk has caused problems for a number of users. Therefore, if you still can't create a "good" image direct to DVD from within TI then disable Drag-to-Disk and try the indirect, two step, method detailed in the 2nd option of my post <here>. You have a pretty fast burner so I would also recommend setting its write speed to half maximum in order to minimise the likelyhood of a corrupt burn. Good luck.

Regards

5. tr8der

tr8der Registered Member

Thanks!

I will try your suggestions and report back.

Make it a nice weekend.

6. tr8der

tr8der Registered Member

Hi Menorcaman-

Many thanks as I have the files on DVD now. I'm having an issue when using the boot CD. It appears to be an issue with Promise 378/SATA drive.

Acronis is very lucky to have you watching over us!

Cheers. Gordon

7. GeeeAus

GeeeAus Registered Member

Hi there Emile

Sorry about the other user who posted such an unhelpful comment. While they may have a point in regards to image integrity problems being common, it didn't help you any, did it.....?

I have some suggestion / questions for you.

First of all.

Are you using Version 8 of TrueaImage, specifically--Build 774--. You can check this be opening TrueImage and then clicking about in the help menu.

If you are then you may benefit from knowing that this build is particularly bothersome to many users. I've had issues with corrupted images myself.

I've also had previous versions / builds fail to verify for me before, however this was almost ALWAYS due to other factors. E.G. AntiVirus software, CD packet writers and state saver tools like Adaptec / Roxio GoBack.

It is interesting to note however that while build 774 of TI8 has some issues; the boot CD has always worked O.K. for me.

In fact, it is almost always the case when I have image corruption problems.

Using the boot CD removes all the Windows "Bit-Rot" from the equation that causes issues.

Why don't you try using the Boot CD to verify your images......?

If you have already done so but have not recreated your images with the Boot CD, try this also.

If you purchased TI some time ago and have an older build installer stored somewhere, you could also try using that......

If you do, you should completely uninstall TI and restart your PC before installing the previous build.

Or do you perhaps have an older Boot CD....? There are lots of options open to you. I think the chances of you getting around your problem with all these in mind are quite good really.

I certainly wouldn't "Walk Away...." but that’s just me.

In short:

Current Boot CD Verify Test
    Current Boot CD Clone & Verify Test
    Uninstall TI & Reboot PC
    Install Old Build / Previous Version & Reboot PC
    Clone & Verify Test
    Make Old Build / Previous Version Boot CD
    Boot CD Clone & Verify Test.

If none of the above work, your PC is probably sick...... Then walk away.
    :)

To be honest if NONE of the above work, I’ll be a monkey’s uncle…….

GeeeAus
    .au

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.