Corrupt Files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Toby3, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toby3

Toby3 Registered Member

Hi
    This is the first time i have used TI.
    I was hoping to copy my HD and use it to upgrade to a bigger HD.

I have followed the instructions to the letter all went well at the end of the copping process i was informed that the image was sucessful.

I thought i had better check the image before proceding, but i was informed that the file was corrupt!! Checked all discs all where the same ?

I have not messed around with any settings i.e Over Clocking.
    Using Windows XP SP2
    512 memory

Can any one please shed some light as to why this has happend.

Toby3 :doubt:

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

A bit more information would help.

Where did you make the image of your drive? (CDs, DVDs, external hard drive? If optical disks, what type and what brand? If an external drive was is USB or Firewire? If USB on a USB 1.1 or 2.0 port?)

Did you make the image from within Windows XP or did you boot from the TI Recovery CD?

What is your system? Brand name or motherboard model, SATA or PATA hard drive, etc.

3. Toby3

Toby3 Registered Member

I used CD's to burn the image of the hard drive.
    I made the image from within Windows XP.

System Model - eMachines, Inc L4S5MG
    O/S - Windows XP Home Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
    Board:SiS-650

I have used Beleric to check Drives;

SAMSUNG CD-RW SW-224B [CD-ROM drive]
    80.02 Gb Usable HD
    70.62Gb Free
    ST380011A [Hard Drive] (80.03 GB) - drive 0, s/n
    5JV3Y546,rev 3.06 SMART Status: Healthy
    Memory 512

Hope this can help

Toby3

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Toby3,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

This issue looks similar to problems with corrupt archives posted in some other threads (these problems are already under investigation). However please note that in order to check an image all its volumes must reside in the same folder. If this doesn't help please make a screen shot with error message and send it to us.

Could you please also download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us? This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please send gathered information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

5. Toby3

Toby3 Registered Member

Hi
    I have sent a report and a limk to this thread to
    support@acronis.com

As requested.

Toby3 :'(

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Toby3,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. hqic

hqic Registered Member

But then how exactly to you propose restoring from CD's or DVD's? You specifically provide a mechanism to break an image into parts of a size that can accomodate putting them onto this type of media. Did you never think to try to restore from this kind of setup in your testing?

Mike.

8. 1RON1

1RON1 Registered Member

No More Corrupt Files

In the past all my images were corrupt with TI8. After weeks of reading the forums and trying numerous fixes I replaced my Adaptec USB 2connect 4000A High-speed 4-port USB 2.0 PCI Card with a Belkin Hi-speed USB 2.0 5-port PCI Card (part # F5U220) for $35.00 plus tax from CompUSA. After making the switch I've been able to verify all my images with no corruption. In addition, I recently upgraded to TI9 and have no corrupt images when I verify.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.