Corrupt differential backup when mounting R/W

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by btobw, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btobw

btobw Registered Member

TI 11.0 (build 8,053)
    Win XP sp2

Although, as mentioned in my previous post, uncompressing my backup partitions solved some problems, I have one remaining problem. If I mount an image in read-write mode, TI creates a corrupt differential backup. If I try to mount that differential backup, the screen says "Selected file is not Acronis True Image Home archive or is corrupted."

Any suggestions as to why this is happening? I didn't actually modify the original image, and I mounted the original image, not the differential backup that had been made the night before.

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello btobw,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach Acronis True Image 11 Home log to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you

--
    Michael Levchenko

3. btobw

btobw Registered Member

I have sent off a heap of screenshots etc, but in the process, I think I have found the culprit myself.

So, since I have complained about solutions rarely being posted here:

It looks as though Norton Internet Security is preventing something from happening when the image is mounted R/W. A reboot results in the corrupt differential file suddenly becoming much larger - and it now validates and mounts without problems.

While the computer was shutting down during reboot, there was an error message saying ccSvcHst could not read memory - as that's a Norton program, I'm guessing Peter Norton is poking his nose in where it's not wanted again.

I have only just sent all the info off to tech support, so they are yet to confirm it, or offer any solutions. I just won't mount R/W :D

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello btobw,

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is very much appreciated. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. btobw

btobw Registered Member

Does anyone else have a problem with file handles not being released after an image is mounted and then unmounted? I mount an image, unmount it, and then quit ATI. Process Explorer etc report System (PID 4, User Name NT
    AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) as still having a handle open on the image file(s). This happens even if an image is mounted read-only.

I discovered this because I created a temporary image to test something, and then tried to delete the image after the mount/unmount test. I had to reboot (or close the handle) first.

Cheers
    Dianne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.