corrupt backupfile

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by deheugden, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deheugden

deheugden Registered Member

guys, a backupfile i made is corrupt according to acronis home edition when i try too restore the backup. although when i amde the backup(verify was on), it said that the backup succeeded succesfully.what can i do??

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Well, you can try again to validate the file from within Windows. IF it doens't validate from within widows, then it's probably a a corrupted backup file.

If it does validate then you have a diff prob. What happens is that the restore environment can't always handle the same hardware that windows can -- so backup run and validate fine but don't validate and can't be restored from the restore environment (which linux whther you start it from within windows or from the bootCD.

If you have this latter prob, you can contact tech support and get diff iso files to make boot cds and one might work for you or you build a BartPE or VistaPE disk.

3. deheugden

deheugden Registered Member

ok,thanks for the fast reply.and whats the best way for doing the verify in windows??thanks.

about the validate; i use the validate option(right mouse button) and that gives sector errors

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello deheugden,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify where the archive is stored at? What is the exact text of the error message?

Please notice that it is possible that the archive is being declared corrupt because of faulty data transfers. Please run a memory diagnostics such a Memtest86+ available free from www.memtest.org for a several hours. There should be no errors reported. Please also run Windows chkdsk utility with parameter "/r" on the hard drive the archive is stored at.
    If there are no errors with memory/hard drive reported, please try copying/moving the archive to another location, and validating it again. Please also try using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media to validate the archive.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.